WOW! Gotta love that whistle!!!!

Cobra01

www.robind.com
Established Member
I made the jump and traded in the 01 for the 03 and I am not one bit dissappointed. The 03 is so much more than the 01 and the power speaks for itself. I got up extra early today so I could take a nice cruise since yesterday was a crappy rainy day.

The only complaint is the idio shifting light, are they kidding putting that in a Cobra? Maybe the 6 cyl mustang, but not the Cobra. If anyone knows how to disable aside from removing the actual bulb, let me know...Robin

Wild Bill

Established Member
:beer: Grats on your new Cobra.If you yake off the hood blanket and get rid of the silencer you'll really love thhat whistle.

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
To get rid of the shift light you will need to an aftermarket chip on it. I know for a fact that the diablosport will disable it. Congrats on the car....

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast01Cobra
To get rid of the shift light you will need to an aftermarket chip on it. I know for a fact that the diablosport will disable it. Congrats on the car....

I second that:lol:

95rcobra

Hey Robin,
Congrats on the new 03. you really do only buy white mustangs dont you. I have a white mustang too that I like quite a bit. its all fun from here on in with 03. best of luck with it. Hopefully I will get to see it on sunday if you are joining the crew for the willowbrook cruise. see you then.

Later, Steve(95rcobra).

-----------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe #????

temjin9876

Bringer of Destruction!
Established Member
Is there any way with the chip to adjust where the light comes on? If so, set it to redline and you have a factory looking shift light! That would be badass

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by temjin9876
Is there any way with the chip to adjust where the light comes on? If so, set it to redline and you have a factory looking shift light! That would be badass

if you go WOT, the shiftlight does come on right before you hit redline.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Actually, I find the shift light quite useful when I'm trying to maximize my fuel efficiency. Otherwise I just ignore it.

Although, I think if you are at WOT, it will act like a "real" shift light and come on right before redline. I'll have to go out for a testride and confirm this :burnout:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
"WOW! Gotta love that whistle!!!!

It's not really a whistle like an ATI or a Vortech blower. It's more of a whine. It still sounds great though.

Cobra01

www.robind.com
Established Member
Wilson, I am in Hopatcong. There's a group of us, mostly post on BON that gets together and we have some great cruises. You should join us some time. Tomorrow there's one, not sure I can make the cruise, but breakfast at Versailles Diner in Fairfield at 10 AM if you are interested. I will passing through Denville around 9:40. Let me know.

Gee UNIT, I didn't realize there was an exact description of the sound the SC makes, I'll have to make sure I get it right next time :shrug:

As far as fuel efficiency...:lol: has never been a thought - if it was I would be in a 6 cyl.

It's Saturday and I'm feeling sarcastic, can you tell. Drive fast...Robin

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I was just making an observation. Way to be an ass about it. Nice job.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Post deleted.

Trying not to start anything. :beer:

Last edited:

Cobra01

www.robind.com
Established Member
Actually on another board they said disconnect it, not remove the bulb, wrote it wrong. I have no idea, but was hoping there was some combination of things to do (like when you have to reprogram a remote or when you want to turn off the seatbelt bell) but so far the only suggestion was to disconnect it.

nj7703

Established Member
Congrats and good luck. Carefull if you go on RTE 80 at all, especially up by the mall, the straight away going west are sooo tempting, but so easy to get popped. Congrats dude! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread