wow! motor trend actually wrote a sweet article on trev's mach 1

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
they had nothin but praise for the 2003 mustang mach 1 with the configuration of the vortech blower and the griggs racing suspension. they even told the z06 and viper owners to watch out for this car.

#'s you want #'s? alright but dont quote me.
stock - 4.8 0-60mph, 13.2 @ 105mph in the 1/4.
trevs - 3.9 0-60mph, 11.93 @ 121mph in the 1/4.

needless to say they were very impressed that trevs car put down those types of numbers on street tires. :beer:
to explain this they told everyone how the griggs gr-40 set up worked well in putting the power to the pavement even though the suspension is set up for a road course not the strip. called gr-40 the best mustang suspension that they have ever tested.
props to vortech, griggs and trevor. nice work.:burnout: :rockon:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the registry's thread told me about it. i checked it out at the store, and it i was so amazed that motor trend was all hyped about the entire car. when was the last time they like everything about a ford mustang?:burnout:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
mustang kids have me all confused trev. :shrug:
when one of the magazines gives the mustangs a bad review(which is usaully every time they test a new mustang since 1980) everyone is outraged. they are the ones outraged and calling these editors every name in the book.
now when motor trend gives your mach 1 a great review nobody cares? motor trend finally agreed that the mustang can be better than 98% of the cars on the road and yet no one talks about it. why?:bash: if you ask me, the mustang community should be spreading this news like wild fire. i mean where else can you spend 40k on a car and have it compete with the z06, viper, porsche, ferrari?

why is everyone afraid of your car trevor? :rockon:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Because it is so fast. I would get some seat covers in case a passenger can't control bodily functions while scared. Seriously, sweet car, Trevor.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Is it the issue on newstands now. PLEASE TELL ME, NOW AHHHHHHHH. I AM GOING TO THE STORE NOW TO SEE IT IT IS THERE.
If it is an article in a non niche magazine such as Motor Trend, I will laminate it b/c these Import loving (and subsidized) journalists do nothing but bash Mustangs, and other vast V-8 American Cars.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by cobravenom39
Is it the issue on newstands now. PLEASE TELL ME, NOW AHHHHHHHH. I AM GOING TO THE STORE NOW TO SEE IT IT IS THERE.
If it is an article in a non niche magazine such as Motor Trend, I will laminate it b/c these Import loving (and subsidized) journalists do nothing but bash Mustangs, and other vast V-8 American Cars.

yes, the new motor trend with the c-6 corvette vert on the cover. it is a page article in the back. but they also have a picture of the car in the table of contents.

2K3 Mach

Established Member
13.2 stock - IN PRINT.

Yet they still say 13.80's in their performance directory...?

I just dumped Car & Driver to try Motor Trend. $10 for the year.

It started off good - Mach in the first issue!

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Thanks ODB :)

Ya know how it goes, something bad happens and everyone rants about it.... Somethingm good happens and no one cares. Look at the news. SOME people are unhappy and like more drama/tragedy to make their lives feel normal. Well THIS mach 1 isn't going to help those people :D

T-Bolt

Established Member
Being honest, I don't like the stickers on the door, but it's yours, so if your happy with it, I don't care. Is vortech going to make another kit to make the shaker functional again?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
Being honest, I don't like the stickers on the door, but it's yours, so if your happy with it, I don't care. Is vortech going to make another kit to make the shaker functional again?

the car was in the vortech at sema this year(2003). the stickers are not for look, but for advertising.

vortech does make a funtional shaker kit but it adds no power to the engine. with it on the engine looks cluttered imo. dont know why trevor keeps it off.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
The stickers promote those that gave product to support the project. They have to go somewhere, it could of been worse. Look at a honda. The shaker isn't functional factory. Not any more then it is now. Cap off the snorkle feed, then we'll see how you do!:beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Road Racin'
Cap off the snorkle feed, then we'll see how you do!:beer:

actually i did that. took the snorkle out and duct tape the inside of the hole and the outside. put it back together and it still seemed lively. could feel no difference either way. after a few passes on the strip however, the tape was blown out. telling me air was going in through the shaker and out through the snorkle hole. took the tape off but left the snorkle out as well where its that way today.

no data to back anything up so ill go with ford, small boost above 80mph.

T-Bolt

Established Member
Yeah. I understand you had to do it. Hey, as long as the shaker still shakes...

Users who are viewing this thread