WOW! Nissan trying to buy a major piece of GM

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Looks like GM found their way out, it will be interesting to see what they'll do.

Ford would definately be wise to setup something with toyota, they are about the only ones who really are making money...

rezcobra

Established Member
The sharks are going in for the kill!! Next.... Ford. No more American owned auto manufacterers if deals like these start taking place.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
But Nissan is really got their act together,, their CEO I forgot his name is really who brought that company up in the first place... He would do wonders for GM.

Ford, please get your act together :(

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
This are sad news :(

Someone fire Bill Ford :cuss:

808GT

Established Member
Lets face it. Domestic cars cant compete with japa imports. Imports (primarily 4cyl)have more selection, greater reliability and markets towards low income households (there are more poor than rich people in USA AND/or around the world).

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
808GT said:
Lets face it. Domestic cars cant compete with japa imports. Imports (primarily 4cyl)have more selection, greater reliability and markets towards low income households (there are more poor than rich people in USA AND/or around the world).

Yes and those people buy KIA's

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Americans really need to make better lookingg cars. I mean WTF why are american cars so Ugly ? With the exception of the Mustang & the corvette & the Escalade everything is ugly... even the NEW Ford Fusion & five Hundread are F***ing UGLY!

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
SpectorV said:
how much are they talking about purchasing.

Not really sure, it only says a "significant minority interest" in [GM] but that can mean more than 25% IMO.... "significant" would mean a good deal of and "minority" would mean less than 50%....just my thinking.

and it says it would give GM $3 billion in spending money......

Seems very sketchy right now, maybe more details will come later

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Americans really need to make better lookingg cars. I mean WTF why are american cars so Ugly ? With the exception of the Mustang & the corvette & the Escalade everything is ugly... even the NEW Ford Fusion & five Hundread are F***ing UGLY!

I disagree on the Fusion part, IMO that is one of the nicest looking cars out right now...

YELOSNK

Established Member
SVTgriff said:
I disagree on the Fusion part, IMO that is one of the nicest looking cars out right now...

I second that. The fusion is a darn good-looking car. I really think they should make an SVT version. :rockon:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
^^+1 on the Fusion, and the interior kicks ass.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that Ford was offering to buy out Nissan to save it from bankruptcy, and then Renault or someone came along instead? The tables have turned, apparently.

808GT

Established Member
It does not matter if ford/gm will make their cars look awesome, majority would still not buy the cars they produce. import cars are more trustworthy than americans. Until import cars on the street, all of the sudden, start breaking down in 2 years, americans will still be known as unrealible POS.

ranger2339

Established Member
There will be a new supra out in 2008 i think!!

They just took a little break with the supra, to build more economical cars and such...

Now that cars are being built with more HP again they will come out with something nice and fast,ive seen pics in some mag. but cant remember what one....

They should just make one big giant car company and like 3 cars..ha ha JK..

Josh

VelociTT said:
I would sure hope that ford doesn't allign itself with Toyota! Those bastards killed off the supra!! the cobras would be next!!

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
YELOSNK said:
I really think they should make an SVT version. :rockon:

Yeah, me too. But, they never will cuz they killed/downsized SVT so there will only be a SVT Mustang and a truck from what I heard last.....

If we want a SVT Fusion, we have to buy the Mazda Speed6 (performance version of the Mazda 6). It basically the same car as the Fusion, platform
speaking

Mazda Speed6:
AWD turbo
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=MS6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread