Wrap vs. Paint job depreciation

DropSVT

Established Member
I've been torn between getting my Cobra completely repainted to a DIFFERENT factory color spec or repainting my car to its factory spec. My car color is redfire and ive got oxidation in a few spots that won't buff or cut out.
My question is would changing the original paint to another color like SB or DSG hurt the value of the car? If it does i might just look into wrap jobs.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would guess yes to some extent. Are you considering selling it at some point? If not, do what you want and don't worry about it.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Absolutely value will be less, assuming we are discussing a stock, or near stock car. If heavily modified, it will matter less. Don't also forget a color change done right is a major undertaking (engine compartment, undersides of hood, trunk, door jams, hinge areas etc etc etc).

DropSVT

Established Member
I dont plan on selling it ever unless hard times hit. But it seems that value will be lost if painted and i want to avoid doing that. Wraps are just so damn expensive and they dont last forever so its a tough choice

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Unless you just hate the red, I'd get it repainted in the factory color. Then, if you really REALLY want another color, wait a while until you can afford it and have it wrapped.

If you ever sell it, you're going to need to have it repainted first, anyway--having oxidation will hurt the value too much.

DropSVT

Established Member
Unless you just hate the red, I'd get it repainted in the factory color. Then, if you really REALLY want another color, wait a while until you can afford it and have it wrapped.

If you ever sell it, you're going to need to have it repainted first, anyway--having oxidation will hurt the value too much.
That was my original thought. Id clean up the paint then wrap it to keep it clean. I like the color but i want something cleaner.

MyTerms

Established Member
just curious if it's a vert or coupe? The redfire vert I sold last year had similar problems and I've wondered where it ended up after I sold it to a car dealer.

DropSVT

Established Member
just curious if it's a vert or coupe? The redfire vert I sold last year had similar problems and I've wondered where it ended up after I sold it to a car dealer.
Vert. And i bought it about a year ago. AND i bought it from a dealer but it was a consignment dealer. Was it in california?

Users who are viewing this thread