wrong grease in bmr bushings :(

liter of cola

Established Member
just found out that my mechanic put regular (not full synthetic) grease in all my new polymer bushing bmr stuff :(
including lca's, uca and panhard bar(delrin bushing for phb)....

do i have to take everything back apart and clean it out or can i just push a ton of synthetic grease through them to push out the old stuff? is it risky if i dont take everything apart and do a thorough cleaning? I've been riding on this grease for 2 weeks as of today :/ if theres a way to get the old grease out w/o taking everything back apart that would be optimal as i dont have a decent place to put the car up on jacks and i'd rather not bring it back to the mechanic and have to pay another $100-$200 for him to take everything back apart, but if i have to i will.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Good news.

You should be fine, by driving 500~ or so more miles, then regreasing with the Amsoil that Dylan recommended....then use that from there on out.

The good news I mentioned - IF you have a problem, I will just send you out new bushings! Can't beat that ;)

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
You need to find a friend that has a garage that likes beer, pizza and wrenching on cars! will save you some $$ and aggravation! Lol!

liter of cola

Established Member
Good news.

You should be fine, by driving 500~ or so more miles, then regreasing with the Amsoil that Dylan recommended....then use that from there on out.

The good news I mentioned - IF you have a problem, I will just send you out new bushings! Can't beat that ;)

awesome, thanks for the info thats surely a load off my shoulders :rolling:

You need to find a friend that has a garage that likes beer, pizza and wrenching on cars! will save you some $$ and aggravation! Lol!

for sure dude, i have a friend like that but he recently joined the marines so he's not around much. nothing like having a brew and wrenching.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread