WTB: 03/04 Cobra Coupe

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
Looking for an '03 or '04 Cobra. Stipulation: The person I buy from must be a dealer or have a dealer we can go thru because I have a vehicle to trade. I don't want to go thru the hassle of selling my other vehicle outright and then buying a Cobra. I'd much rather do one stop shopping if you know what I mean. I understand this is an unusual situation but, it cannot hurt to try. If you know of any dealers in your area that have a Cobra I might be interested, please post it here or PM Ok, here's what I am looking for......2003/2004 Cobra either bone stock or a few very minor mods. Should have less than 15K miles, have no issues, and be in excellent shape/condition. I will consider all colors except white. Only looking for a coupe, no verts. No more than $25K. Thanks.

Last edited:

smetz

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and sell your car to CarMax, they will buy it without you buying something else there. Then you'd have a better chance at making a deal with someone.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
smetz said:
Do yourself a favor and sell your car to CarMax, they will buy it without you buying something else there. Then you'd have a better chance at making a deal with someone.

Could be a possibility. I was looking on their website and they have a link to kbb.com so you can get an idea of what your vehicle is worth. However, I don't know how they classify your vehicle if you're just selling to them outright and not trading. Do you go by trade-in value or private party value??? I assume it would be the lower of the two which is trade-in value. :shrug:

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I believe CarMax usually offers pretty low $$$ when purchasing used cars. But I know a CarMax employee out of Edgewood who may be able to hook you up.......lol

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
IronTerp said:
I believe CarMax usually offers pretty low $$$ when purchasing used cars. But I know a CarMax employee out of Edgewood who may be able to hook you up.......lol

Hey Dwight......yeah, I thought about Mr. Spanglish and have talked to him about it but, I didn't get any outstanding offers. :shrug: Actually, I think their prices are pretty closely regulated, I don't think he has much say.. :(

Last edited:

smetz

Established Member
He said he didn't want the hassle, and he was going to trade it in. If you're trading it in, you're not going to get much over what CarMax will give you anyway, and this way you don't have to limit yourself to buying from a dealer with all the good people here selling their rides. I've sold 2 cars to CarMax for fair prices without ever buying from them. Just an option.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread:

Marc

Established Member
I would sell it outright. You will get raped at the dealer. Or they might pretend to give you what you want for the car and make it up on the back end of the deal in financing. Go to carbuyingtips.com That website could save you thousands.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
MarcInHawaii said:
I would sell it outright. You will get raped at the dealer. Or they might pretend to give you what you want for the car and make it up on the back end of the deal in financing. Go to carbuyingtips.com That website could save you thousands.

I consider myself fairly saavy when it comes to car buying and selling. I will not do business with a dealer that lowballs me etc. And I know what to look for in the F&I office as well. Time is on my side. I am in no hurry and if I don't find a good all around deal then I just won't do it. :read:

fever

New SVT POSER
Established Member
i know a certain member on this site that sold his cobra to a dealership for 25000 outright, and they offered him that for the car sight un-seen. It was an 03. He then took the check they gave him and bought a car from an individual. So just look and ask around, you may just be surprised as to what you find.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
fever said:
i know a certain member on this site that sold his cobra to a dealership for 25000 outright, and they offered him that for the car sight un-seen. It was an 03. He then took the check they gave him and bought a car from an individual. So just look and ask around, you may just be surprised as to what you find.

I don't know if you're interested but, you ought to check out the
Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association (MACA) on this website. Great bunch of folks. You might even decide to join..... :rockon:

SpectorV

Established Member
throwing away thousands of dollars due to not wanting to take a month to sell a car :( I just took a defered loan out for 3 months to sell my car then I can refinance and be done with it.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
SpectorV said:
throwing away thousands of dollars due to not wanting to take a month to sell a car :( I just took a defered loan out for 3 months to sell my car then I can refinance and be done with it.

I definitely won't be losing "thousands". When I bought the car (my trade), I got an excellent deal with no money down. Right now I owe pretty close to what the trade-in value is. If I sold it outright, I'm sure I would make a few more bucks vs. the trade-in but not thousands. Actually, probably less than a thousand. I appreciate your interest though..... :beer:

SpectorV

Established Member
I am in the same boat selling my car, they offered me 6500 for the car, im selling it for nearly 10k if the car wont bring much over trade in then it may be best to trade it in and rid yourself of the hassel, just giving an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread