WTB 1995 Hardtop from a 1995 Mustang Cobra

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear this. Only once, many years ago, have I seen a hardtop for sale without the Cobra to go with it. I wish you luck.
Thank you, worse case, it's just a convertible lol. I'm never getting rid of it. And, I don't like the smoothline Hardtops. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. But, maybe i'll get lucky and find someone parting ways or sitting on their top cause they forgot and sold the car. Who knows, I'm hoping though, I'm hoping. Appreciate it.

Lee

Established Member
There were supposed to be 500 Hard Top convertibles made in 1995. I understand that Ford accidentally broke one so there were then only 499 Hard Top convertibles made.

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
How can’t the top be repaired, can you share any pics of it?
My 95 Cobra was in an accident. So it's substantially damaged. I'm not going through insurance, this is a shot in the dark. I'm trying to find someone still sitting on theirs that either crashed their car, but got totalled or sold it without the top lol. Definitely a shot in the dark. It's kind of a I'm angry I'm in this position but my 95 isn't my focus anymore anyways so I may end up claiming it and taking the check. At the moment I'm figuring out how I'm gonna do this. I may just take the check and focus on my 03

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
Hmmm.... I would take the check. YMMV
Ehh, I've got months before I gotta take the check so I am gonna see where this goes first. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but I do love having both Cobra's. I like unique stuff and the 95 is rare and my 03 Cobra is you know lol. But, I'm gonna be hopeful! Thanks for the input.

If anyone sees this post, just know I'm still looking until you see this post officially closed out. Just keep that in mind. Message me here or private message me if you're 1 of the lucky 1s with a hardtop for sale for me lol.

patc84

Established Member
Still available too. Guy wants it gone.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

68gtscode

Established Member
Thinking way back to undergrad microeconomics, this is a great example of supply and demand. Low supply and high demand translates to prices shifting up… exactly how far up is the question here. One data point is certainly useful but doesn’t necessarily mean every unit following will sell for the same price. Maybe it could sell for more, but maybe less.

If I were the OP, I’d make an offer based on what I’m comfortable with paying. Maybe the seller will eventually take it, maybe not. Free markets are fantastic in that regard.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@Fastanndhard

2840AA87-DBAC-4474-ADF8-8F873BB5F173-46336-000023F98D843FC1.jpeg

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
This is a Screenshot the guy that was selling the hardtop send me from the guy that sold his for 11,500
Sorry, you came off like you were trying to sell it above. That guys facebook page I already checked out, and quite frankly it looked very sketchy, honestly. I already had 1 guy trying to scam me for a hardtop. That dude's facebook page was made within like the last year or 2 and was suspect to me. With that said, I'm in MA, you're down in Florida. I'm not going to try and buy back my convertible to sell to you, to put more effort in, to basically break even. Appreciate the over offer, but I know what you'll offer, isn't close to what insurance is going to give me.

FYI: Anyone with a real hardtop piece for sale, at a realistic price, let me know.

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
Thinking way back to undergrad microeconomics, this is a great example of supply and demand. Low supply and high demand translates to prices shifting up… exactly how far up is the question here. One data point is certainly useful but doesn’t necessarily mean every unit following will sell for the same price. Maybe it could sell for more, but maybe less.

If I were the OP, I’d make an offer based on what I’m comfortable with paying. Maybe the seller will eventually take it, maybe not. Free markets are fantastic in that regard.
That guys facebook page was like a year old, zero activity except that fresh ad. It was suspect, I wasn't even going to entertain that alleged 13.5k hardtop as the guys page didn't seem legit, let alone his asking price. I have a real offer to make someone, but not 13.5k offer. I understand supply and demand, but I also understand the cars value, is barely 13.5k depending on mileage. I don't like or care about the car enough, to pay that much for a silly hardtop shell. I enjoyed the unique car, if I could get it at a realistic value, I would take the insurance, buy the car back and repair it. But, if I cannot get a new top, it's away she goes and my pocket is fatter.

FYI: Anyone with a real hardtop piece for sale, at a realistic price, let me know. I have a real offer to make for one. Just not $10,000.

Users who are viewing this thread