WTB: 1999-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

deeplist

Established Member
I'm looking for a 1999 thru 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra.
I am NOT looking for a car that's pristine. This one will be used as a project/build car.
It doesn't have to be prefect, but I don't want a complete piece of garbage either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- New edge only... not interested in 94-98 cars.
- 1999/2001 okay and 2003/2004 termis fine too.
- It doesn't have to be perfect. Blown engine or minor damage would be acceptable.
- Prices are open, depending on the year and condition.
- Distance preferably within 200 miles of 46706 (Fort Wayne Indiana area) ... especially if the car doesn't run and will need to be towed.
- Must be a legit COBRA with a clean title. NO FOBRAS, clones or GT/V6 cars with snake badges!

I have CASH in hand, ready to go. Thanks in advance.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im over in West Texas, is that too far?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
01 cobra 97k on the body about 10k on built motor, clutch and suspension parts. Nitrous, forged bottom end, built sra. 4.10 gear etc.

Not perfect because it is my daily driver but it will drive anywhere you want to go.

deeplist

Established Member
I don't really have a price range. It's all dependent on what's being offered.

That being said, I've been getting a lot of people contacting me offering their cars and asking well over $10K. I could understand that, IF I was looking for a perfect 100% running vehicle with no cosmetic issues, or whatever, but that's not what I want.

To reiterate, I am looking for a project car. Something with issues, a blown engine, physical damage, etc. A roller.... The car will be used for a build/project/hobby.

tvanlant

Established Member
For some reason, there's not an option to PM you. I'm almost done returning my car to stock. It has the teksid block and already has a solid axle in it, so great for a build car. Would this be something you'd be interested in?

1999 Mustang Cobra

tvanlant

Established Member
B/c IRS sucks, lol. It broke on me when my car was bone stock, so I went solid axle and never looked back!

Richter888

Established Member
You interested in a eaton swap 2001 cobra? mods in my sig. If your looking for a very good chassis, mine might be a good start. However, I don't get back from my deployment until October, I live in Tampa, but I'm from Mooresville IN. I was going to sell my cobra to my father in law for cheap, but his conditions are that he cant sell it without talking to me first.

I don't want my car going too far. I put a lot of time and love into this car. I really want to do a coyote swap fox with IRS though. PM me if your interested. My car has ~57k miles. about 15k on the eaton setup. I want considerably more than 10k though lol. Considering its got 15k in parts.

deeplist

Established Member
You interested in a eaton swap 2001 cobra? mods in my sig. If your looking for a very good chassis, mine might be a good start. However, I don't get back from my deployment until October, I live in Tampa, but I'm from Mooresville IN. I was going to sell my cobra to my father in law for cheap, but his conditions are that he cant sell it without talking to me first.

I don't want my car going too far. I put a lot of time and love into this car. I really want to do a coyote swap fox with IRS though. PM me if your interested. My car has ~57k miles. about 15k on the eaton setup. I want considerably more than 10k though lol. Considering its got 15k in parts.

I really appreciate the offer, but >$10K is pretty much a deal breaker because I am looking for a roller, or anything that has issues that I can strip down and use for a project car. Thanks anyway.

ouray19

Established Member
I'm in southwest Colorado and like the texas response, may be too far from you. Got a 99 with 66,8xx miles and runs great. Needs tires, stereo and could use some touch up on the finish. Will sell for $7500. Am currently using it as a daily driver but need to sell before winter gets here. Let me know if this would interest you.

Last edited:

ouray19

Established Member
Also has short throw shift kit, racing seats w/ 4 point harness, hood has been pinned for quick release, steeda racing pedals. I also have a JEGS 10 point cage that is still banded. Never got around to putting it in.

Just changed my avatar to show different view of car with custom chameleon paint job. Has a few blistered clear coat spots but paint underneath is still good.

Last edited:

BobEFFC

Established Member
2001 Cobra Laser Red Metallic with Charcoal interior.
73xxx stock untouched Teksid
3.73 gears
Rebuilt IRS with Maximum Motorsports subframe, pivots and knuckle bushings. Diff is solid mounted to subframe.
2000 Cobra R Bilstein shocks
2000 Cobra R 18x10 wheels with new 275/40 rubber
New front brake rotors and pads. New in box rear rotors and hardware included

I will include a set of new Maximum Motorsports Powdercoated Full Length subframe connectors new in the box and a set of Caster/Camber plates. I still have the stock polished 17" wheels

No issues whatsoever. This is a one owner car, I'm a Ford employee and I bought it new and still have the window sticker. The car is not pristine but it is in very good to excellent condition with small stone chips on the front bumper and hood and some light wear on the drivers seat and steering wheel. The handling of the car with the upgraded bushings, R shocks and bigger wheels compared to the stock setup is outstanding, and this is coming from someone who has owned BMWs and Porsches. The car is a great starting point for a high horsepower motor, why start with junk?

I live South of Detroit. I have a new car on order and I have simply run out of garage space. I'm open to offers..

deeplist

Established Member
I'm in southwest Colorado and like the texas response, may be too far from you. Got a 99 with 66,8xx miles and runs great. Needs tires, stereo and could use some touch up on the finish. Will sell for $7500. Am currently using it as a daily driver but need to sell before winter gets here. Let me know if this would interest you.

Also has short throw shift kit, racing seats w/ 4 point harness, hood has been pinned for quick release, steeda racing pedals. I also have a JEGS 10 point cage that is still banded. Never got around to putting it in.

^ @ouray19, decent price and sounds like a nice car.... just too far away. Looking for something in the midwest.

2001 Cobra Laser Red Metallic with Charcoal interior.
73xxx stock untouched Teksid
3.73 gears
Rebuilt IRS with Maximum Motorsports subframe, pivots and knuckle bushings. Diff is solid mounted to subframe.
2000 Cobra R Bilstein shocks
2000 Cobra R 18x10 wheels with new 275/40 rubber
New front brake rotors and pads. New in box rear rotors and hardware included

I will include a set of new Maximum Motorsports Powdercoated Full Length subframe connectors new in the box and a set of Caster/Camber plates. I still have the stock polished 17" wheels

No issues whatsoever. This is a one owner car, I'm a Ford employee and I bought it new and still have the window sticker. The car is not pristine but it is in very good to excellent condition with small stone chips on the front bumper and hood and some light wear on the drivers seat and steering wheel. The handling of the car with the upgraded bushings, R shocks and bigger wheels compared to the stock setup is outstanding, and this is coming from someone who has owned BMWs and Porsches. The car is a great starting point for a high horsepower motor, why start with junk?

I live South of Detroit. I have a new car on order and I have simply run out of garage space. I'm open to offers..

@BobEFFC you're pretty close. Detroit is just a hop skip and a jump away from me. The problem is, I'm looking for a roller or project car. It sounds like you have a really nice ride, but I know you could get considerably more than what I would look to pay to buy a tear-down car.

Thanks guys.

ouray19

Established Member
If your other deal falls through, my 99 is still for sale. Now has tranny issues and will take $5500 for it. That would leave you some room for shipping and still have a nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread