WTB 2008-2009 GT500 HID BALLAST, also have a question, need knowledgeable person

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
7l74-13c170-aa Is the part number ford gave me, they were wrong about telling me the car took a d1s bulb because when i pulled it out , it was a d3r bulb. Not really sure what the ballast part number actually is but that's the part number ford gave me. Does anybody know if the part number for the ballast or if the newer ballasts will fit and work for my car? What's the difference between the d1s and d3r bulbs? Color? But will all these different d bulbs work? Then damn light bulb alone is 100$ for a sylvania which is what the car was supposed to come with says this kid who works the parts counter at ford. I bought it, but my bulbs that eee currently in there were d3r bulbs. Not d1s. So which ballasts can I go with? Will the newer models even the 2016 eco boost and gt's have the same ballasts or one that will work? They look like they will work. Or should I just spent the 120$ and buy two aftermarket bulbs and ballasts and have immediate gratification so my car had headlights, and then return the bulb I bought and sell the oem ballast that works and the two oem bulbs?? right now I only one works because my drivers side ballast is out. Thank you.

Lightning1

Established Member
google can be your friend. I believe the bulbs SHOULD be D3S. Which are around $175 for Sylvania I think. The D1S and D3S use different voltage so non-interchangeable. I'd say try a salvage yard for the ballast.

IanI

Established Member
I have a pair of oem ballasts and bulbs (D3R). As well as a set of aftermarket bulbs(D3S), only difference I see between the 2 types are the slots. But they fit no problem. Both are out of a '08 GT500.
Everything work perfect when I took them out.
$100 shipped, for all.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Necrotizing

Established Member
google can be your friend. I believe the bulbs SHOULD be D3S. Which are around $175 for Sylvania I think. The D1S and D3S use different voltage so non-interchangeable. I'd say try a salvage yard for the ballast.

I just want to throw it out there that I've bought cheaper HID bulbs off eBay for my s197 base that I converted to OEM HID's. They have been going strong for well over a year with no problems. Just an alternative for you or the OP, or anyone reading for that matter, I'd they don't want to spend that much on a bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread