WTB 2009 Koni Challenge tires

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Tom,
I didnt see the above post before I replied to your pm. What kind of 18" wheels are we talking about here?

Shannon, I would apologize for the thread hijack but since you got to attend the 24 and the races in Daytona I'm just gonna be a jealous sum bitch and keep posting here. haha :lol: I hope that's alright?

If there are any 17s available please give Shannon first dibs as this is his thread and he was asking for them first. I'll just take whats left over, but tell me more about the 18 wheels. ;-)

Anthony

Anthony,

I did the same thing and replied before looking at this thread.:lol:

They can get anything from Ford Racing. If you want something else they could look into getting whatever you want and see if they can get you a decent deal though. I know there is a set of the 2000 Cobra R silver painted wheels in the shop. They will sell them for $900 a set with a set of the Hoosiers mounted and balanced. They can do the same price and offer for the GT500 wheels with the silver or black centers for the S197 cars as well.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get them in contact with you. I obviously replied to the PM already, but it turns out we had several sets of 17's so there are plenty for you and Shannon with a few left over if anyone else is interested.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
18" wheels with slicks mounted?????

Hmmmm:p:read:

Good used Koni Challenge slicks but yes. It's only money Jimmy, it's meant to be spent ;-):lol::beer:

FWIW, these used tires hold up rather well. If I rotate them and keep after the wear I've ran two weekends on a set under my 4900# Lightning. And you can ask anyone who has been at the track with me, I'm not nice about it:thumbsup:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I bought a set of the 18's from you guys last year and have to say I was very happy with them. I got 3 weekends out of them and probably could have gotten four. I was real good about watching the wear on the edges and rotated them after every event.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Glad to hear you were happy with everything! I'm not surprised you were able get that much out of them, the lightning is just a bit too heavy, LOL! I end up cording them on the outside edges before the tire is really done. I really should look into changing the front camber at the track but it's mostly a street car so I just deal with it.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Glad to hear you were happy with everything! I'm not surprised you were able get that much out of them, the lightning is just a bit too heavy, LOL! I end up cording them on the outside edges before the tire is really done. I really should look into changing the front camber at the track but it's mostly a street car so I just deal with it.

You mean kinda like this??? LOL!

PB110014.jpg

PB110015.jpg

VNEMUS

Established Member
I bought a set of the 18's from you guys last year and have to say I was very happy with them. I got 3 weekends out of them and probably could have gotten four. I was real good about watching the wear on the edges and rotated them after every event.

^Same here. Tom, more than likely I'll be contacting you sometime in early this May to coordinate getting another set from you at Lime Rock Park.:thumbsup:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
My dad used to tell me ... "Well J you ARE a little hard on the equipment" I guess I'm still working on that. LOL!:banana::rockon::pepper:

Yeah, I used to hear that from my old man quite a bit. Something about breaking the snowmobile every winter:shrug:

^Same here. Tom, more than likely I'll be contacting you sometime in early this May to coordinate getting another set from you at Lime Rock Park.:thumbsup:

Glad you were happy as well. Just let me know, our Lime Rock race isn't until the end of May this year.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread