WTB 98 cobra motor

98cobrafaf

Established Member
im looking to buy a cobra motor mine has 186000 miles on it and it started ticking does anyone have one for sale in good condition

KazooGS-T

Established Member
im looking to buy a cobra motor mine has 186000 miles on it and it started ticking does anyone have one for sale in good condition

I have a couple Mark VIII (b-head DOHC 4.6) engines with 85k miles or so on them... If you're interested send me a PM.

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
the mark vIII and the cobra motor are similar and you can almost always buy a mark vIII motor alot cheaper than a cobra motor

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
They are cheaper for clear reasons. It's also clear he want's a COBRA engine, not a Mark vIII similar engine. Not trying to be a :banana: and :banana: blocking any sales here, but 98cobrafaf you should post a wanted add for exactly what you want on the link bellow and/or look through the threads for sales on what you need:
Engine/Drivetrain - SVTPerformance

You can always try e-bay, I've seen quite a few Cobra engines sell for reasonable price. Just be careful and do your research on the vendor and parts.

You can also have it rebuilt, with stronger/performance parts!:burnout:

Last edited:

KazooGS-T

Established Member
There aren't any huge differences for someone needing a 4v motor so they can drive their car. The only large differences are different cams, possibly valve springs, and flywheel (meaning 6-bolt compared to 8-bolt crank) (and I have a flywheel for a Mark VIII engine). I could also sell you the engine OUT of my cobra, which has 60k miles on it, but that is going to be a nice bit more.

Here's my for sale ad, speaking you don't have the ability to PM yet.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/636996-fs-lincoln-mark-viii-engine-s.html

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
There aren't any huge differences for someone needing a 4v motor so they can drive their car. The only large differences are different cams, possibly valve springs, and flywheel (meaning 6-bolt compared to 8-bolt crank) (and I have a flywheel for a Mark VIII engine). I could also sell you the engine OUT of my cobra, which has 60k miles on it, but that is going to be a nice bit more.

Here's my for sale ad, speaking you don't have the ability to PM yet.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/636996-fs-lincoln-mark-viii-engine-s.html

The heads and cams are different, both result in less power. The crank is cast, which isn't a problem, but it requires a 6 bolt flywheel.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
That 03-04 engine/transmission/everything else isn't a bad price though. Comparatively speaking. Talk about a COMPLETE swap.

Users who are viewing this thread