Mach1Matt22

Established Member
Title says it all. I'm looking to buy authentic Ford Racing Cobra R wheels; the R58's. I'm looking for silver wheels only, no black or chrome. I know they're near impossible to find, and I have no problem paying shipping. Not looking for tires either. It has been brought to my attention that I cannot receive PMs yet so either post what you have to here or text me at 5-0-8-5-2-7-1-2-4-3.

Last edited:

2L8ULUZ2

Established Member
Title says it all. I'm looking to buy authentic Ford Racing Cobra R wheels; the R58's. I'd love to find a set of R58 fronts and M179 rears that came on the '95 Cobra R, but I'm willing to settle for 4 R58's. I'm looking for silver wheels only, no black or chrome. I know they're near impossible to find, and have no problem paying shipping. Not looking for tires either. PM me with what you have!

I might be interested in selling mine when my car comes back from the body shop. They are authentic R58's from Ford and I purchased them in 2000. The finish is showing its age but I plan to have them refinished in the correct silver paint from Ford and I have a new set of correct center caps for them.

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
i have the set your looking for 2 r58 and 2 m179. they are in near perfect condition with only some missing paint around the lug holes. let me know what your thinking as far as price goes.

John_R

Established Member
Too bad you don't like chrome. I have a full set of C58's in really good shape. All Authentic, no curbs, rash, stamped made in japan hinodex. Good luck with your search!

Mach1Matt22

Established Member
i have the set your looking for 2 r58 and 2 m179. they are in near perfect condition with only some missing paint around the lug holes. let me know what your thinking as far as price goes.

I sent you a PM, hopefully you got it.

Too bad you don't like chrome. I have a full set of C58's in really good shape. All Authentic, no curbs, rash, stamped made in japan hinodex. Good luck with your search!

Thanks John I will keep that in mind. Good luck with your sale as well.

Mach1Matt22

Established Member
Thanks man. At the moment I'm trying to find some R58's at the very least but I haven't had any luck. There's no sense in me picking up a rear set if I can't find a front, but I'll let you know if I do.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Is there a specific reason why you're looking for a mixed set of R58 and M179? If you're installing on a 94+ chassis, you're good to go with 4 R58s until you start lowering and/or running soft springs in autocross, or running tires wider than 275.

IIRC, the M179 was a specific offset for the pre-94 cars with 5 lug conversions so they could get the wheel width and diameter of the late models.

Mach1Matt22

Established Member
You're right about the M179's being pointless. I decided against it since I want the wheels to stick out a little more and I'm having trouble finding just R58's to begin with. I edited the original post to reflect this as well.

Mach1Matt22

Established Member
Anyone have a set of R58's they'd like to sell me? I have no problem paying shipping.

Mach1Matt22

Established Member
I'm all set man, someone came through for me. Mods can feel free to close this thread if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread