WANTED: WTB: Competition Orange Coupe

jgroce1985

Established Member
I wasn't going to repost, but I want to make sure that people understand where I'm coming from before you continually put me down, someone you don't even know.

Adam first off I never stated I was the original owner on BAT. You dealt with a older gentleman by the name of Jeffrey Grimes in Wilmington NC. He was the owner of this car that posted it on BAT and that you dealt with back in September 2023. My name is Jeremy Groce and I'm a car collector in Greensboro NC.

I reached out to Mr. Grimes in January of this year through facebook after learning of the car through a Wilmington Cars and Coffee. Through a third party I ended up purchasing the car site unseen.

While searching for other CO Cobras I discovered where this car was sold on BAT. After being told by the third party that the car was a no sale, I asked why. I was told the story "That supposedly the person that won the auction backed out because he was buying a lake house" This is the only story I know and believed it true.

I never met Mr. Grimes in person and spoke briefly with him only through text and one phone call. The rest of the work was done through third party and transport.

As far as the pictures, as I stated my car looks nothing like that. I'm not sure if he sent the car for reconditioning, or slight restoration. Maybe you told him your distaste or problems you seen? Anyways those problems do not presist, nor do I see any problems with the car, I'm very happy with the car and haven't seen any thing that warranties it to be put down so much. I'm sorry that you had such an awful experience, but it wasn't through me.

The only reason I have mentioned in selling the car is I can't bring myself to mod it because it is so nice. I thought I wouldn't mind, but I can only imagine this is probably the lowest mile CO Cobra there is. I have since bought a 2019 GT350R that is being prepped for twin turbos. I will not drive this car enough to feel the need to keep her. If people hate it so much or think a slight surface rust bolt makes this cobra a dud then I will gladly put her on the lift and forget about it as I have unfortunatley did with other cars in my collection.

I asked the admin to delete the thread with my post. Not your whole thread, as I didn't want exactly what is happening now. People constantly puttting me and the car down when they have never seen it, nor have ever met me....

I'm just clearly stating the story of BAT and non purchase that I was told.

If some of my post has mispellings or typos, sorry as I'm posting from a phone... Thanks

Tuhminatuh

Jeremy, apologies - someone reached out to me on FB and suggested it was Jeff posting in this thread and I assumed (incorrectly) the j in the username and location confirmed that.

I did tell him everything I had a problem with and he very well might have had everything addressed. That would have been a ton of work, but crazier restorations have happened.

I’d suggest posting everything you can, ideally pics of everywhere I posted.

Best of luck with the car and I hope you didn’t get burned.

jgroce1985

Established Member
I have nothing to hide, seriously! I don't mind posting pictures of the car, but I'm not making it a top priority as I could care less what people I have never met think..I run multiple high volume businesses, so the next weekend I have time, I'll move some cars around and will take it off the bendpak....Do some of you obviously think the car will be 100% perfect? It's a 20 year old car that has only been driven an average of 250 miles per year. Of course the engine has oxidation, new cars do this. Bottom line is, its a 5k mile, never wrecked, fully documented, CO cobra. I had the third party inspect the car before purchasing and as said she was in terrific shape. Maybe I'm just used to restoring 60's Shelbys and fastbacks, so excuse me when I see someone post a picture of a little bubbling on a belt cover as not being a big deal, hell 90% of you reove the belt cover anyways lol...Again it's fine if no one likes the car, as I'm not here to put anyone or anyone's car down. I hope everyone here keeps the hobby alive, keeps your sons interested in the hobby, and keeps it between the lines. It's to much hate and negativity in the world for us car guys to do it to each other. Thanks again.

jgroce1985

Established Member
I've already had several reach out to me about wanting to buy, dealing with a guy in California now ..he is supposed to let me know tomorrow about wiring the funds I'll keep you updated

plumbcrazy

Established Member
3e029be2780ac4db6feb9ad367e49b63.jpg

584b3e2f77602278b0bca7d54bb16664.jpg

965f900e013d6915cbc02fd674a563e2.jpg

5b582aaec2ddd8899ab034ae9df935b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, I think I’ve seen that car before at a cars and coffee event in Burlington… Vermont

plumbcrazy

Established Member
I have nothing to hide, seriously! I don't mind posting pictures of the car, but I'm not making it a top priority as I could care less what people I have never met think..I run multiple high volume businesses, so the next weekend I have time, I'll move some cars around and will take it off the bendpak....Do some of you obviously think the car will be 100% perfect? It's a 20 year old car that has only been driven an average of 250 miles per year. Of course the engine has oxidation, new cars do this. Bottom line is, its a 5k mile, never wrecked, fully documented, CO cobra. I had the third party inspect the car before purchasing and as said she was in terrific shape. Maybe I'm just used to restoring 60's Shelbys and fastbacks, so excuse me when I see someone post a picture of a little bubbling on a belt cover as not being a big deal, hell 90% of you reove the belt cover anyways lol...Again it's fine if no one likes the car, as I'm not here to put anyone or anyone's car down. I hope everyone here keeps the hobby alive, keeps your sons interested in the hobby, and keeps it between the lines. It's to much hate and negativity in the world for us car guys to do it to each other. Thanks again.
I know I’m poking my nose in where it may not be welcome but this is just too much to take. I took you seriously until you said “a little bubbling”about the pulley cover. (The original owner of my car bought it in Colorado, took it to Hawaii for a couple of years then finally ended up in Florida. Front pulley cover didn’t come off until 25,000 miles ago at 65k. It is mint.) That kind of talk won’t go over well here. I’ve only owned my Cobra and have been a member here for 4 1/2 years and I can tell you these are serious people.
Honesty and transparency are rewarded here. Nonsense is not. We wouldn’t have it any other way. Anyway, GLWS!

jgroce1985

Established Member
You've never seen this car in Vermont, it's been in NC since New. You've made my point by admitting you pulled your pulley cover off also....Thanks for the warning...

gtmustang00

Established Member
The car has surface rust and wasn't stored right. There will always be a buyer for it due to the color. As someone who collects cars, most collectors would NOT buy this car due to big amounts of surface rust.

Bottom line, this car will def sell.

Users who are viewing this thread