Wtb // jlt cai

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Hello, willing to purchase complete JLT CAI set up for my Mach (2004).

Tourch Red or Black

Let me know. Thanks.

:burnout:

EVO-lution

Established Member
head over to Mach1registry.com. forgot what company is selling them but they're discounted for the Mach registrees :thumbsup:

cobra916

Established Member
i have a jlt rai.. its a piecer.. i switched back to stock arm and jlt filter. puts filter at much better position so the ram air its sitting straight on the filter.. jlt is straight garbage. good luck

clc44

Established Member
I love my JLT!! Good luck man, HTP motorsports like mentioned above is a group place to get it. I got mine used with a PHP spacer.

4valvemach

Established Member
i have a jlt rai.. its a piecer.. i switched back to stock arm and jlt filter. puts filter at much better position so the ram air its sitting straight on the filter.. jlt is straight garbage. good luck

I tested the shaker air flow with compressed air and only felt a small breeze at the filter.The engine can pull some cool air through the shaker but it is IMO no ram air effect:shrug:.The stock intake tube has bends and is ribbed both slow air flow down the JLT is a straight shot and larger.

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member
I tested the shaker air flow with compressed air and only felt a small breeze at the filter.The engine can pull some cool air through the shaker but it is IMO no ram air effect:shrug:.The stock intake tube has bends and is ribbed both slow air flow down the JLT is a straight shot and larger.

the shaker works without a doubt..since i have been having so much maf turbulence.. that is because of poor shaker design and poor jlt design.. the shaker forces in air a 90deg angle to the intake tube (turblence) also the straightening of the jlt tube makes the filter sit right under the ram air tube(more turbulence).. best intake would be what i have now ..and what jlt sells now.. just the filter with the shaker hook up.. with the stock pipping it puts a gap from the shaker tube and filter.. this allows fresh air into the intake and flter and maf screen can straighten the air.. leaving the milk jug on is a great idea too since it tunes the sound waves of the intake for a slight hp increase..

Helmholtz resonance

The trick to resonance (or sound) tuning of the IM is to have these maximally amplified waves arrive at the intake valve just as it opens . The basic mechanism of intake manifold "tuning" or design is to provide high pressure at the intake valve so that the mass flow rate into the cylinder is boosted at a given engine speed or rpm

cobra916

Established Member
also on a side not my buddies vipers 8.3 liters intake tube is smaller then my 4.6 jlt intake... its a big waste.. it will cause tuning issues and fits like shit.. but to each thier own.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Would the sound wave not be distorted when it hit the throttle body blade and the walls and tubes of the intake manifold?

Wow I never thought of that... great point :rolleyes:

Google Jlt Performance. Pick out the cai kit you want ( I had the fender one.. Pita to install ) put in coupon code SVTP5% and get 5% off then...
Google php performance and get an intake spacer :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread