WTB Niche CF Cobra R Hood

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
just like the title says. I need a light/ taller hood for my car, with enough room to clear a sullivan intake. thanks and let meknow what you got.

Luis

01SteedaGT

Established Member
I have a VIS Racing Carbon Fiber 2000 Cobra R Hood. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_5813.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
i would advise you say CLEAR of VIS racing, they are the WORST company i have ever seen. If you would like to get a Niche hood, talk to him personally on AIM at Nichepi46, i talk to him a lot and hes a real nice guy. They are far better than the VIS racing hood because the indented part of the cowl is actually functional, and if its going to rain you can pop the catch basin under the hood so water doesnt get into the hood.

Last edited:

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
thanks man, i have emailed him in the past, but they are out of CF for the year. i really need a hood since my build is about to be done in a week or two. so i am looking for a used one, that someone might want to sell for whatever reason. ill email him again tomorrow and see if they have got anything.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
thanks man, i have emailed him in the past, but they are out of CF for the year. i really need a hood since my build is about to be done in a week or two. so i am looking for a used one, that someone might want to sell for whatever reason. ill email him again tomorrow and see if they have got anything.

if they dont have the CF i would just get one of his cowl hoods, he said he should be getting some in soon. He said he has a 15-30 day back order for the 99-04 hoods. I wouldnt get a VIS hood even if you really want it. They are the worst company to deal with, and if something is wrong with the hood your out of luck, and money.

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i would advise you say CLEAR of VIS racing, they are the WORST company i have ever seen. If you would like to get a Niche hood, talk to him personally on AIM at Nichepi46, i talk to him a lot and hes a real nice guy. They are far better than the VIS racing hood because the indented part of the cowl is actually functional, and if its going to rain you can pop the catch basin under the hood so water doesnt get into the hood.

i highly dissagree!
i have a VIS Racing cowl hood and its awesome, great quality everything
Niche I have heard terror stories about, stay away from them. check the internet and this site about it. you will see what i mean

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
if they dont have the CF i would just get one of his cowl hoods, he said he should be getting some in soon. He said he has a 15-30 day back order for the 99-04 hoods. I wouldnt get a VIS hood even if you really want it. They are the worst company to deal with, and if something is wrong with the hood your out of luck, and money.

i wish every hood was shipped as well as the VIS Hood I got (bought from Carbon Innovations) can get you the site

Invictus

Banned
I've personally had great success with VIS as well... Not a single problem with customer support, I bought a hood for a friend's 04' GT and it was missing a hinge, called VIS directly and they sent me a hinge out 2day air via ups. Perfect customer support thus far...

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
thanks for the comments guys. i personally do not have anything against VIS. they just dont make the hood that i want. Niche makes one that weighs 10lbs and is full CF, so thats my reasoning for wanting it.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
thanks for the comments guys. i personally do not have anything against VIS. they just dont make the hood that i want. Niche makes one that weighs 10lbs and is full CF, so thats my reasoning for wanting it.

my CF good weighs like 20 lbs
if you do go through Niche just be careful
i also think for a little bit they arent selling any hoods

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
yeah, they dont have any CF in stock right now. so thats why i am looking for a used one to no success at the moment.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
my CF good weighs like 20 lbs
if you do go through Niche just be careful
i also think for a little bit they arent selling any hoods
Dude why would you be careful buying from niche? I personally know the owner and he is a great guy, he is even on this site a lot. If anything goes wrong he will atleast fix the problem instead of VIS who hangs up their phone when you ask to speak to a supervisor. Sneeks i would just wait till January comes around and get the hood you really want, rather than settle for a hood you didnt want in the first place.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Dude why would you be careful buying from niche? I personally know the owner and he is a great guy, he is even on this site a lot. If anything goes wrong he will atleast fix the problem instead of VIS who hangs up their phone when you ask to speak to a supervisor. Sneeks i would just wait till January comes around and get the hood you really want, rather than settle for a hood you didnt want in the first place.

do a search on here ;)

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
VIs makes a GREAT product, don't get yourself wrong. They use the highest quality carbon fiber out their and most of their hoods use factory frames for a better fit. Their customer service is THE WORST you can have. Check their better business Bureau score. I ordered three hoods from them and one was useable. I paid for the other two and they wouldn't refund me. I asked to speak to the manager and some a$$wipe named Irving hung up on me. WTF?? they aren't even adults.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
VIs makes a GREAT product, don't get yourself wrong. They use the highest quality carbon fiber out their and most of their hoods use factory frames for a better fit. Their customer service is THE WORST you can have. Check their better business Bureau score. I ordered three hoods from them and one was useable. I paid for the other two and they wouldn't refund me. I asked to speak to the manager and some a$$wipe named Irving hung up on me. WTF?? they aren't even adults.

And THATS why you dont buy from them.:thumbsup:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread