WTB: Terminator Alternator...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'd strongly suggest getting either a new one or having yours rebuilt.....or both so you have a spare handy. Why buy a used one given our cars' appetite for them anyway:shrug:

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
i can get them... rebuilt ones... with lifetime warranty...

i work at NAPA auto parts in cali...

let me know...

ill get you a price in the morning

jake

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
01strimbullitt said:
do you have a lower pulley...? that could cause that to go bad really fast (overspinning the alt...)

Nope... stock lower. 99% of driving is around 2k rpms commuting in traffic. Piece of shit alternator

KnightHawks97

Objects N Mirror R Losing
Established Member
TerminatorFTW said:
Piece of shit alternator

Whatever you do, don't replace shit with shit. I'd stay away from getting the stock unit, new or used.

Do a search, you'll see almost everybody has these alternator problems with the 03/04 stock ford units. If it hasn't happened to them yet, chances are it will soon. Some don't learn their lesson and keep replacing the alternator with the ford alternator and have been through like 3-4.

Mine went out not too long ago. I got mine rebuilt from a good reputable shop with a warranty and it runs like a champ now. It was rebuilt with top of the line parts. Plus it was cheaper than getting a whole new alternator. People also get the PA Performance unit, but some have had misfortunes going that route.

Last edited:

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
KnightHawks97 said:
Whatever you do, don't replace shit with shit. I'd stay away from getting the stock unit, new or used.

i agree... mine are the same price as getting a performance one from another vendor...

jake

Users who are viewing this thread