WTF? can't align a Shelby?

einehund

Established Member
Bringing back a thread from the dead. rotated the strut mounts and this **** keeps happening:
3356s11.jpg

2lca6o2.jpg

I've got 10000 miles on these tires. Now ford is quoting me $500 to drill the ears out on the strut. Lesson learned: should have done this a year ago. So my question is: WHAT IS THE FIX THAT ISN'T $500???

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Clearly they are not set right, and you'll be replacing tires way before they need to be if this continues. Toe-in\camber needs serious adjustment. If a Ford dealer can't get it right do you have a Butler Tire near you? They do 120+MPH balancing and alignments. I'd never let a dealership "align" my car, I've had Dodge try that with my SRT and they just kept screwing up. Take it to a proper alignment shop.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
^^^^^^ Don't go to a dealership for alignment.

Hey, I resent that remark! :p

Honestly, some dealers know how to align a car some dont. out of the box stock, the mustang just has front toe adjustment. As with everything, with enough prybars impact guns and cussing things can be guided to where they need to be. :)

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
My 2008 is lowered approx. 1.25" in front. Maybe more in back. I go to a high end alignment shop in Mountain View, CA. Custom Alignment. I drive 250 miles to go there. They've done my car twice, six years apart. They put me in spec with NO grinding, NO plates, and NO eccentric and undersized bolts. Both times. They do lots of cars that I could never, ever afford. So it can be done.

Steve

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm using Steeda's heavy duty strut mount. It's adjustable for camber only and completely silent.

Users who are viewing this thread