WTF is GEM in fuse block 39?

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
My car could sit for a month and start up fine then all of a sudden after 3 days it would be dead. My problem came from an amp. Not sure if it is common but pulling 1 fuse to check is worth a shot.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Yea you gotta be careful, both the power ports in the 99 mustangs are constant. Can be good if that's what you want, but it can drain your battery if you're not careful.

I just took my car to advance. They tested the battery (that they just replaced last week) and it said it needed to be charged. So they charged it for a half hour and put it back in the car. Tested it again, they said it was good. Put it in the car and it wouldn't start (it started before they charged it).

So, the guy lectures me on all the things that could be wrong with my car. I buy a new battery terminal, and they put it back on the charger for another half hour.

Tested the battery again and they said it didn't have any cranking amps.

So they finally swapped my battery out for a new one.

Then they ran a charging test, a cranking test and most importantly, a parasitic loss test.

Right after shutting the car down (the GEM still being on) it was drawing less than .05 amps. Passed with flying colors.

We'll see what happens with this next battery.

KingKiller

Established Member
Anyone happen to know what the normal draw is during those 45 minutes before the gem module goes to sleep?

FYI I was seeing 0.11 volts for roughly 30-45 minutes before it dropped down to 0.01-0.00. For some reason my meter didn't want to give me a reading when I switched from the 10A to 2000ma setting so I can only assume that it dropped down into the correct range...

Users who are viewing this thread