WTF noise wont go away

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
So after put n my BF brace and reseal when Im driven I hear this noise from the back rear passanger side sounds like when I hit a bump or I go over rough roads like theres somthing lose. I grinded the brace down cause it was hit n the exhaust and it doesnt touch no more, so wtf could it be has anyone had this problem before it wasent there before I did the work and yesterday when I had someone in back for some reason I didnt hear it.:cuss:

spincobra03

Established Member
im looking for the exact same cure for my car. Its the exact noise I have, anyones help would be great. Im thinking of just a granade fix, and just changing all the bushings and adding MMFLSC etc...

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I dout this is a bushing issue for me its almost like a big bolt is clunking and no its not the tranny nosie everyone has I can drive the car without make n that noise I also know that all bolts are tight. Ther weird part is that when my buddy was back there it only did it one time.

Juruense

Banned
Could be many things.

Might be worth it to pay Ford the $90 diagnostic fee to tell you exactly what it is.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
+1 on that. usually in my experience its beacuse i didnt torque something down to the right specs or its something small i over look. main thing is u know it didnt make the noise before so try and back track ur steps and make sure you crossed your t's and dotted ur i's.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Will do thats the plan this weekend just wanted to know if anyone has had this noise, I just went to lunch and pulled the pass side rear seat down and it sounded like the strut was loose from the top and viberating between the metals but Ive never loosen them but I'll see what happens.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
So that loose bolt sound I had was from the springs in the rear, so I droped the rearend and installed the stk lower iso's and noise is gone. I think it was because when I did the reseal on my Diff the springs droped out and when I reinstalled them they were not sit n right cause the noise wasent there before and I had no iso's.

Users who are viewing this thread