Votes: 32 19.5%
  • Make it a national story on the news ;D

Votes: 43 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
You know, These days nothing is sacred I guess...

OUR flags made in China! Thats just not right :nonono:

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers died to protect this flag and we let some damn Communist make them for us. Least they could do is not plaster "Made in China" on it and just do it behind our backs...

Seeing today is "Flag Day" I figure this is a perfect topic.

I found this Flag on an abandoned desk at work.

What shall I do with this flag?

I have heard that there is a tradition that states if a flag touches the ground it should be burned because of it being disgraced....

I don't know if this flag has been on the ground but it does have some damage and the word China on it....Is it disgraced?

Flag002.gif

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I wish this wasn't true, but today's leaders have no real sense of country.
There is only big business and dollars to be made, at any moral or ethical expense.

PSI87

Banned
We brought this one on ourselves. With all the outsourcing, we are now in whats considered to be a service economy. Meaning we don't actually produce much of anything in the way of goods. Thats not necessarily a bad thing as long as you have some kind of foreign investments.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
SVTgriff said:
Burning it right? Am I wrong on this?

yes, burning is correct. but of course, don't display the burning where everyone and their mother can see it. put it in a cardboard box or something and burn it.

and HELL YES, call up your local news station and bitch about it ...i am sure it get national attention within a week! :rockon: that is f-ing wrong though, i am shocked.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
ok i just checked the flag i have. its a real nice outdoors one that you hang next to your front door, with good stitching and everything. so i assume that its gonna say "MADE IN USA" ..................WRONG! :mj: its not as obvious though, its on a little tag at the top, but sure enough, it says "MADE IN CHINA"

:nonono:

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
speedofsound said:
yes, burning is correct. but of course, don't display the burning where everyone and their mother can see it. put it in a cardboard box or something and burn it.

and HELL YES, call up your local news station and bitch about it ...i am sure it get national attention within a week! :rockon: that is f-ing wrong though, i am shocked.

Ah, I did not know or think about the part of hiding the disposal....

Thanks for the tip....

Maybe I should have someone "worthy" do it...My brother was in the Navy and I have 2 former Marines and a former Army servicemen at work.

I may let them since they have done more for this great land than I....

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
speedofsound said:
ok i just checked the flag i have. its a real nice outdoors one that you hang next to your front door, with good stitching and everything. so i assume that its gonna say "MADE IN USA" ..................WRONG! :mj: its not as obvious though, its on a little tag at the top, but sure enough, it says "MADE IN CHINA"

I am very suprised I have never heard of this before! What will be made in China in the future? OUR LAWS! :bash:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Its just the same over seas. My brother sent me a picture of a flag booth in Munich Germany for the world cup and ever single flag there was made in China. :rollseyes

afk

Established Member
Small flags on car antennas and windows, and plastic flags (like yours) waved by spectators at a parade, may be thrown in the trash because they are considered only representations of the flag. Or if you like you can burn it.

Last edited:

micah2003svt

Banned
You dont just whip out a lighter and burn the American flag.....Their is a PROPER way of doing it.Their is aceremony associated with the burning process.

Last edited:

bb83

YOLO
Established Member
No offense but some of you guys sound like you treat an American flag better than your wife. I'm not advocating burning flags or anything like that but if a cheap flag touches the ground you don't need to "burn it" :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread