Wtf...

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
Okay. I followed the instruction on a "how to" write up for rear brake pads install from this forum, but I also swapped the rear rotors and added high temp. grease on the piston boots of the rear caliper brackets. Anyways, now that I brake a lil. hard, (going back and forth in the parking structure), I hear a rumble sound (i.e., like something is shaking). Thing is, everything was bolted tight and secure and I even added thread lock. The only issue I had was it was a B**th to mount rear the caliper (not the bracket) onto the lower portion of the bracket boot (closer to the rear bumper), so I pressed those flex pins on the brake pads down a lil. and pressed on the caliper firmly onto the bracket/boot til I can screw the 12mm bolt. Also, I took off the boot and greased up the piston w/ Lucas Red N Tacky high temp. grease (540* drop point) and slapped it back into the bracket. Did I do the boot greasing process wrong? Where did it go wrong? Should I had bled the whole brake system? Feedback please... I'm going to take the Terminator on a test drive (3 miles) and meet some friends at Starbucks and what not to hang out for a bit. Maybe I need to break it in?? Anyways, feedback will be greatly appreciated. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread