wth. I drive 1200 miles and I see 2 cobras, 2 lightnings, and 24986147 v6 stang verts

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I've been down in Florida for the past week. I've driven 1200 miles going from orlando to daytona beach to miami beach to the keys and back to orlando and I saw a big 4 svts (red 03 10th coupe in daytona, a sonic blue 03 coupe on 95N around exit 38, and 2 red Ls on Daytona Beach).What's the deal? Is the sun shine state not a svt state?

Last edited:

97SVTStang

Established Member
I have to admit SVT's are somewhat hard to find in FL at times. Every where you look its just another 6 cyl. I drive down the road everyday and see a stang in my rear view mirror and slow down to try to have a little fun. Then they get next to me and its a 6 banger, thats no fun.

Enforcer03

Established Member
Most of us have daily drivers, and keep our SVT's in the garage. There are a lot of 6 bangers though. Could be due to the fact that the rental car companies stock the 6 banger convertables for out of state tourists.

-Jeremy

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Dude I saw 4 Mach 1's the first week I had mine. Black, Red, DSG and another yellow. Don't worry they are around in Florida but I do drive mine daily and it is garage kept at night!!:beer:

wannastang93

Canes Fan!!!!
Established Member
theres at least 6 cobras in my school alone and about 3 lightnings, i don't even waht to start coutning the GTs and V6s

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Yeah there aint shit for mustangs or anything down here in floriday compared to virginia beach where i just moved from. I hardly see anything down here. But it was a daily thing up in va.
Hey did one of those lightnings up in daytona happen to be a 94? Just wondering if it could have been me.

i8u

Established Member
If if was a sonic blue with parchment top on 95 it could have been me...

I here in Miami though.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by ZincDude
Dude I saw 4 Mach 1's the first week I had mine. Black, Red, DSG and another yellow. Don't worry they are around in Florida but I do drive mine daily and it is garage kept at night!!:beer:

Dude. A Mach 1 is NOT an SVT. :p

GoatDaddy

I don't see many SVT's here in Miami...but 6 cyl Mustangs outnumber almost every other car out there, including Hondas. There is a nice 10th anniversary Cobra vert in my neighborhood; a lady drives it. I see more f'in Porsches and Ferraris than I do SVT's here. I did see another 67 Mustang in my school parking lot the other night, though. :)~

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I like the fact that i don't see a lot of cobras driving around, it keeps some respect for the cobra unlike seeing a million fart pipes on any car it will fit and everything else that is out there!!

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
im a south floridian. in my area there are 12 svts within a 1/8 of a mile from my house. florida is one hell of an SVT state.

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
Seems to be tons of them here in clearwater/largo. If you go out to any decent night spots and see less then 5 03-04 cobras then your not at a good spot.

Florida has more then it's share of svt's.

stangbuff

Established Member
Mike,

Two MA's in FL at the same time with different results? All we saw were Mustangs during our trip. Six banger and 05 rentals, Cobras (SN's I didn't post, NE's, and Terminators) and Lightnings were plentiful south of Miami. These guys and gals have it so good it hurt to get back on the plane. Hope you had fun!

Users who are viewing this thread