WTS: Pre-Production 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra

waldo

Established Member
SOLD: Pre-Production 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra

The Mustang has been sold.

I am looking to sell my 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra for $11,500. SVT has documented my car as the 18th Mustang Cobra built for the 1996 model year. As it was explained to me, this Mustang Cobra was a pre-production model that Ford used as a media and test car. The car was assembled in August 1995 and was used by Ford Motor Company until October 1996. In November 1996, an employee of Ford Motor Company purchased the car with 21,915 miles. I purchased the car from his estate in 2015 with 30,987 miles.

The car currently has 32,352 miles and is in excellent condition. It runs great and has no known mechanical issues. It has been garaged since November 1996.

With the exception of a K&N air filter, the battery, the serpentine belt, and fluids, the engine is all original.

A Steeda Tri-Ax shifter has been installed. The original shifter will be included with the car. The rest of the drivetrain, suspension, and exhaust system is original.

The Crystal White paint is original with no oxidation, dings, or dents. There are one or two very tiny nicks in the paint.

The Saddle leather interior is immaculate and all original. The minimal wear on the side bolsters of the front seats is what you would expect on a car with 32,000 miles.

The original wheels are mounted on the car. They are in good condition but have a few scrapes, scuffs, and nicks.

A complete set of genuine Ford R-58 Cobra-R wheels and center-caps will be included with the car. The Cobra-R wheels are in excellent condition.

BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 tires were installed in June of 2015.

As this car was used as a media and test vehicle, it was driven in all weather conditions in and around Dearborn. There is some minor oxidation on the aluminum parts and brackets in the engine compartment, on the chassis/suspension components, and on the exhaust. The body of the car has no rust.

I have documentation dating back to October 1996 and can provide additional pictures upon request.

The car is located near Fort Worth, TX.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread