WTT: 2000 L for bike or Mustang

caleb_cook

Established Member
Back up for sale. Pics below.

2000 Lightning. White. Good sound system. Some mods. 389/454. 4.10's. 2600 stall.

128K miles. Truck is in Southern CA now. Drove it back out from MO.

$8700 obo.

Need to sell soon. Leaving current duty station for east coast. Not going to drive it cross country again.

Email me for questions. [email protected]

Last edited:

gixxzach

catundrhood
Established Member
interested

Hey Caleb I just got back from Iraq myself. I have an 2003 Gixxer 1000 with only 6500 miles, never been down only has a couple minor sticker scratches from behind knocked over into a bush! Interested?

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
Here are the pics of Caleb's truck....:thumbsup:
dsc00063vl9.jpg

dsc00067sy9.jpg

dsc00071qe8.jpg

dsc00073wg3.jpg

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
caleb_cook said:
Im going to email pics now Ryan.

Kinda high miles on the Gixxer, but I am going to take a good look here.

You're saying an 05 with 3200 miles is HIGH?

caleb_cook

Established Member
sorry

Nicolaskl said:
You're saying an 05 with 3200 miles is HIGH?

No, I apologize. I should have said that is high miles for what I was wanting.

I was wanting a bike with less than 2000 miles on it, preferrably just broken in.

I might just keep my deposit on that white/silver 08' Gixxer that I currently have instead of getting a used one if I can find a Fox body that I want.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Do you have all the reciepts for the newer engine? Did Ford install it? Newer heads with 8 threads for the plugs instead of 4? brakes? looks like stock suspension too. [email protected] also being in MO, has it ever been driven in salt or snow?

caleb_cook

Established Member
Venoumous: I got this truck from a guy in Los Anglelas last August. I traded it straight up for my 03' Mach 1 that I had.

It orginally came from Illinios and was owned by some guy that worked construction.

No, I do not have reciepts or anything. The guy that had it before me had the new motor that he bought from the dealership and he had it put in at a local shop.

Yes it does have the 8 thread spark plug holes.

Im not professing this is the best thing you are going to ever guy, hence my reason to sell it for as low as I have it for or trade it for a lesser vehicle.

My Mach was KBB'ed at $16,200 and this truck was KBB'ed at $12,800 last year, but it did have the fresh motor and the other mods and stereo gear. I was stoked. The guy I got it from was going to let it go for $13K if I remember right. He knew he got a deal with my Mach, but I didnt care because I was just getting a divorce and didnt want to own the Mach anymore.

The guy I got it from said the Lightning has freshened shocks and springs as well when, and I just had tires balanced and rotated too. Courtesy of the person storing it for me.

Anyways, as for expecting it to not have been driven in snow or salt, I would not hope for it on this one.

I will get the VIN and post it on here soon. I need to make an email to get it.

Thanks for looking.

slohatch

Established Member
truck looks good. i may be more interested in a trade then i seemed in the PM. are there any mechanical problems with the motor? ever had it dynoed/or ran at the track?

caleb_cook

Established Member
slohatch,

Greg at Racers Edge Tuning did it in LA. 389/454 The numbers were actually low for 14lbs boost, but Greg said the original catalytic converters was probably at fault for that.

Im still interested, even though doing the swap from FL is going to be difficult since I am in the sandbox until Nov.

Users who are viewing this thread