WTT: 36' Class A Motorhome w/side : 1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB 34,xxx miles

NeoTokyo

Established Member
NADA Average Con Value: $25,610
NADA Adjusted Value with Tag Axle: $29,110
Retail Value: $36,000
Repair Cost Retail: $-900
Repair Cost DIY: $-500

Update 7/26/12: Some repairs have been completed, there is less than $1000 dollars needed to make this RV perfect but I have run out of project money unless my brakes sell.

Things Fixed

*Carpet and wood floor in kitchen and tile in bathroom
*Awning arms
*Generator fixed
*Other misc things.

My cash price has gone up now with these repairs, $20,000 cash.

What I am asking for in Trade.

Around the $15 - 20k Range, it really depends on if I like what you have or not so what you may feel is worth $15k I might feel is worth $18k so dont be shy with the trade offers.

If you want to buy my rig outright I want $15,000 cash.

Heya Everyone;

I am looking to trade my 4-Seasons RV for a Cobra or other Mustang, Nada Average value is $26k and I have a screenshot up of that. Retail is $36k.
The NADA listing didnt have a box for a Tag axle but camping world told me it ads $3500 to the value, it better seeing that the two tires alone that were put on were $1000 dollars. ($4000 total in 8 tires.)

As far as trades go, it can be a Classic Mustang, an exceptionally nice SN95 Cobra with lots of mods, exceptional 01' Cobra's, 03/04 Mach 1 5spds with mods, 03/04 Cobra to S197 GT's and 2011+ V6's.
I am not just limited to Mustangs though, I am also looking for a 1960 Galaxie Starliner (But I doubt that will come my way,) 67-72 Chevelle's (My first car was a 70' Malibu 2dr 396/402 and sometimes I miss it) and really anything else in my general trade price range. Also looking for the last two gens of F150's, F250's and F350's Screws & scabs :p no regular cabs please.

Right off the bat mine does need some work, I priced it out to be about $1500 - 2000 if you do it yourself and an RV shop up here quoted me $4000 for everything including the carpet and they are $100/hr.

Here is what it needs, this is a FULL DISCLOSURE, everything that I know about is here.
I dont play games and I expect the same. :)

1.) Rear exhaust bolt on pass side needs to be replaced. It has an exhaust leak there.
2.) It needs a new radiator thanks to a very tiny pin hole leak that I can not pin point. I drove it from Sacramento to Redding and lost about 8oz of water, very very little but it is something that needs to be addressed. This might not even be the radiator, it might be a loose hose clamp but I have not had it checked out yet so I am just going to figure the worst at needing a new radiator. I did price one out and they are about $200 online shipped. Labor is about $300 based on 3hrs at 100/hr from a shop I asked up here for a quote. They included the coolant in the price.
3.) The generator needs a new oil sending unit. The old one went bad and causes the generator to shut off after a couple seconds of being started. I did confirm that it is the bad sensor and that the generator does have good oil pressure. The shop back in Missouri said it was a $15 dollar part with an hour of labor. We left that week for California and they were 3 weeks out to be able to repair it so we just left it alone.
4.) The interior needs carpet, blinds and a corner table rebuilt. We were going to do countertops too but they do not have to be done, they are perfectly fine as they are, just out dated.
5.) The Central Heating computer is dead. A new one is $50 dollars on ebay or $95 at Camping World. We tested the computer back in Missouri and confirmed the system is perfect but the computer was bad. Zero labor as it is a 1 minute DIY job.
6.) Needs a bathroom door. Have not found one that is the right size yet.
7.) Needs weather stripping around the drivers side upper corner of the windshield.
8.) Electric Steps cause a draw which drains the brand spanking new house battery. We use a qucik battery disco when we are not shored or driving, its not a problem because of the quick disco, but it is something that I need to let people know about. Service center couldnt detect the draw even though they could hear it coming from the steps. The steps are only a few years old and work perfectly.
9.) Both awnings (21' main and 16' slide) need new fabric. $250 for main and $100 for slide awning were the best prices we found.
10.) Main awning needs the front upper and lower arms. $180 dollars for the pair. The original are bent a little. Recycle value on them is around $25 dollars according to North State Recycling from others they have gotten in so that helps bring the price down a bit.
11.) Drivers side hydraulic levelers are slow to return all the way up. I was told that it needs a total hydraulic bleed. Its never both, its either the front or the back but never both. This is why they said it needed to have the fluid changed, they said over time air and water can get in there and cause them to act up as they are now. They could not find anything wrong with the system itself.

Here is all the good info about my rig, not to mention $4k in tires that only have 2200 miles on them now. :)

Here are some of the specs on my rig but not all.

My coach is a 1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB ( 36 feet long ) w/ a HUGE Slide (Four Seasons Coach) Not a single option spared, this was a $100,000+ rig after tax, have window sticker.
35,xxx miles (Very Low miles..)
She Sleeps Six
Chassis is a F53
7.5L 460 EFI Gas Motor that gets 8.5mpg without a toad, very strong 500ftlb torquer motor. 8.5mpg is VERY good in a gasser and this new tech EFI motor makes it happen without losing power.
She has a Brand new K&N Air Filter put in 2200 miles ago before my trip from Springfield Mo. to Redding Ca.
She has a Tag Axle (Extra axle for smoother ride and more towing cap.)
15,000lb Tow Package
21' awning but it was damange and should be replaced. I found several very cheap and an electric one for about $1000
Eight New Tires with ONLY 2200 miles on them, drove from Springfield Mo. to Redding Ca. on the southern route and thats all. As you know this is one of THE most expensive things to replace, be happy knowing that these are new.
Ladder to roof storage
Drivers side door with step
Electric Steps on house side
Dual A/C Units
30 amp service
Outside shower
Dual Sink
Tri-Burner Stove
Large Fridge and freezer
10gal hot water tank w/ HotRod for electric use.
100gal fresh water tank under rear bed
Back up Camera
Mini Safe
Hookups and space for a washer/dryer combo
Microwave
Oven
Couch with pull out bed
Dining table sets down to make another bed
CB
Premium Wood Cabinets.
Premium Audio 6-Disk CD player and casset
Speakers through the living area
Coax for tv in the front with a 2nd outlet near the door and a coax outlet in the bedroom, thats up to three TV's that can be connected.
Hydraulic Levelers
16' x 3' Super Slide Out, hydraulic.
Lighted under coach storage, full basement style.
Super Heavy Duty brakes (the fronts are 14" with super massive calipers, its crazy) as part of the 15K Tow package

This is a great RV and will be the perfect home away from home for anyone or if you need a RV while you work on a job then you cant get much better than this.

Thanks.

-Eric-

Coachmennada.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0158-1-1.jpg

IMAG0149-1.jpg

There is a Mirror that goes there, we took it down while we painted.

coachmen3.jpg

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Yup, because I would trade for an 03/04 Cobra depending on miles, condition and mods.

I didnt want to put the ad in each section so I decided to put it here.
I think its a good trade, a $25,000 ($36k at a dealer) rig for an $18-22k Cobra. :)

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
If you guys want to see what mine looks like on the inside, this Bank Repo on ebay has the same nasty blue interior that mine does, in fact mine is identical minus small options.

Now this one does not run, he has Craigslist ads up too and I have talked to him, he doesnt even know if the motor will turn over after all of the electrical is replaced, he doesnt know how the transmission is and he doesnt know how it drives down the road and stops.

The fridge also doesnt work in his, he needs all new tires, it wasnt winterized correctly so its got water leaks EVERYWHERE, LP doesnt work right so no hot water, no stove or oven, no furnace and no LP Fridge, its backed into something and had something hit the side of it among other things it needs. x_x

The Tires alone will set you back about $4000 dollars.

And after all this he is still asking almost $8k, kinda sums up the value of mine that just needs carpet. ;)

Anyways, here is some interior pics from his, when I get a chance to go out to storage I will take interior pics of mine and show that the floor is in perfect shape, sealed to protect against mold and ready to lay your new flooring.

1995 Coachmen Santara 35.5 feet, Dual Axle, Super Slide out 1995 Coachmen Santara 35.5 feet, Dual Axle, Super Slide out | eBay

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Whelp I got a trade offer from a Mustang collector up here, 3 Mustangs for my RV.

I dont know if I will take it though, tell me what you guys think.

1965 Mustang Fastback Shell - No Rust - 289 auto car but does not have the engine or trans.

1966 Mustang Fastback Basketcase - No Rust - still has the good 289 and auto trans, pony interior - near perfect body that needs paint and all seals and rubber and interior.

1966 Mustang Coupe - No Rust - Running, driving car with average paint - 200ci from a 1968 and auto trans. Interior needs to be redone, floor pans, underbody, trunk and engine bay need POR15 to stay rust free - Needs to be cleaned up as far as wiring and underhood goes, really should get all new suspension, brakes - needs all weather seals.

What do you guys think, I dont think its much of a fair trade just to flip but the fastbacks could fetch a lot more money if I invest a little money into them. The 66' Coupe is about a $3500 dollar car to give you an idea of its condition.

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Things Fixed

*Carpet
*Awning arms
*Generator fixed
*Other misc things.

RV is in for Carpet and new wood floor in kitchen area and tile in bathroom.

This job will be done on the 4th next month.

I will have pics once the carpet is finished.

Still taking those trades and cash offers.

Users who are viewing this thread