WTT: 4.10 Solid axle for IRS...

Epikmach

Established Member
I am considering doing an IRS swap in my mach 1. I would prefer the IRS to be out of an 03/04 Cobra, but will consider 2001 as well.

The swap would have to include rear shocks, springs, & catback, & whatever else is needed for a complete swap.

My rear end is originally out of an 01 Bullitt & has roughly 25k miles, & has 4.10 gears. My catback is custom 2 1/2" catback with Bassani mufflers. I will also include Bilstein HD rear shocks as long as I get similar shocks in return. The rear has never been launched at the track, so it is in excellent shape.

If anybody is interested LMK. Norcal or bay area would be the best situation....:beer:

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
I am considering doing an IRS swap in my mach 1. I would prefer the IRS to be out of an 03/04 Cobra, but will consider 2001 as well.

The swap would have to include rear shocks, springs, & catback, & whatever else is needed for a complete swap.

My rear end is originally out of an 01 Bullitt & has roughly 25k miles, & has 4.10 gears. My catback is custom 2 1/2" catback with Bassani mufflers. I will also include Bilstein HD rear shocks as long as I get similar shocks in return. The rear has never been launched at the track, so it is in excellent shape.

If anybody is interested LMK. Norcal or bay area would be the best situation....:beer:

pm'd

Epikmach

Established Member
why do you have a bullit rear end? what happend to your mach 1 rear? Im interested but 410s is way too much gear

A buddy of mine has a Bullitt which had 4.10's. He ended up wanting 3.55's instead, & I wanted 4.10's, so we swapped rear ends....

Epikmach

Established Member
I am still thinking this over. I really want the ride quality of the IRS, but on the other hand, I want to install the tq arm setup I have had sitting in my garage for the last year... D@mn I'm confused...

Any of you guys with the IRS have upgraded bushings? How is the wheel hop?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I live in Medford. I have the quiet Borla (14858) catback. I also have the upgraded MM bushings, Steeda IRS brace, MM diff mount bushings, etc. lol Wheel hop isn't bad at all with DR's.

Epikmach

Established Member
I live in Medford. I have the quiet Borla (14858) catback. I also have the upgraded MM bushings, Steeda IRS brace, MM diff mount bushings, etc. lol Wheel hop isn't bad at all with DR's.

Hmmm. Sounds like a nice setup. Medford is pretty far from sacramento though. How would we do the swap?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Damn I would but I would want Coilovers since thats what I am giving up and also a 3 inch exhaust since thats whats on the Cobra.

68gtscode

Established Member
Damn I would but I would want Coilovers since thats what I am giving up and also a 3 inch exhaust since thats whats on the Cobra.

That's a tall order. You'd probably do better just trading rear ends and dealing with the cat back on your own... speaking of that, shoot me a PM if it's the Bassani 3" and you want to sell it.

Epikmach

Established Member

I have MM Bilstein rear Coilovers on my car, but I wouldn't give them up either unless I was getting that in return as well. If I was to trade a Cobra owner that had stock rear springs, or lowering springs, they would get the same in return. I wouldn't want a 3" exhaust on my lil' ol 315rwhp car though LOL...

I will send you a PM so we can discuss the possibilty of a trade...

Impact 5.0

Established Member
That's a tall order. You'd probably do better just trading rear ends and dealing with the cat back on your own... speaking of that, shoot me a PM if it's the Bassani 3" and you want to sell it.
Its a custom AED/magnapack 3 inch exuast... the post was more of a rant that for me it would be a pain to swap because of the parts on it.

I have MM Bilstein rear Coilovers on my car, but I wouldn't give them up either unless I was getting that in return as well. If I was to trade a Cobra owner that had stock rear springs, or lowering springs, they would get the same in return. I wouldn't want a 3" exhaust on my lil' ol 315rwhp car though LOL...

I will send you a PM so we can discuss the possibilty of a trade...

Sounds good, I just replied.

Users who are viewing this thread