WTT Catbacks, need a quiter one! MAC

ripnroar46

Established Member
I have a custom catback that started out as a 2.5" stainless steel magnaflow catback, had the mufflers swapped out for MAC stainless steel flowpath mufflers that are welded in, then got rid of the magnaflow tips for MRT 3.5" Chrome rolled tips. Its now too loud for me after I just put on an o/r h-pipe, but I don't want to pay to have the stock h-pipe put back on. It sounded great with my stock h-pipe and would sound great with any catted midpipe! The passenger side muffler has a dent in the front casing, but its only a dent and hasn't affected the sound or any leaks.

I'm looking to trade for a magnaflow, bassani, borla/steeda (the quiet one), or flowmaster catback.

I'd prefer to keep the tips, unless I like the ones that are on yours. I mainly don't like the magnaflow tips and the flowmasters crappy tips.

Let me know if you'd be interested to trade and what you have. Thanks!

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I've got a flowmaster american thunder catback with 4 inch rolled tips for sale
in the market that would be the cats meow :idea:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I have custom catback (Not Steal) with FlowMasters With 3" Rolled tips on it.
Its not too loud, but then again I have KooKs TL and an OR X. Let me know

Ronnie
305 244 9899

ripnroar46

Established Member
VENOMOUS 10TH said:
I've got a flowmaster american thunder catback with 4 inch rolled tips for sale
in the market that would be the cats meow :idea:

That would be nice but your in texas, i'm looking to meet up with somebody and swapping catbacks on the spot since it is on my car.

ripnroar46

Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
I have custom catback (Not Steal) with FlowMasters With 3" Rolled tips on it.
Its not too loud, but then again I have KooKs TL and an OR X. Let me know

Ronnie
305 244 9899

what size is the piping? also why did you go with 3" tips? are the tips welded on?

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
ripnroar46 said:
what size is the piping? also why did you go with 3" tips? are the tips welded on?

Is 2 1/2 Pipe and the tips are welded on. 3" well the shop didnt have any bigger I wish I could have goten 4"
O well
Let me know

Ronnie

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I'm looking to trade for a magnaflow, bassani, borla/steeda (the quiet one), or flowmaster catback.

I maybe able to help you out . I have magnaflow cat back now but my I am getting a solid axle put in my car and I have to get a different cat back so I am going with a MAC catback. If you can wait a few weeks to get it you could have mine .

Last edited:

ripnroar46

Established Member
99flblackcobra said:

I maybe able to help you out . I have magnaflow cat back now but my I am getting a solid axle put in my car and I have to get a different cat back so I am going with a MAC catback. If you can wait a few weeks to get it you could have mine .

That would be cool, just let me know when your going solid!

Ironhand

Banned
If he is giving your his can I buy yours off of you Ripnroar46? Let me know on a price and you can get my stock catback for now.

DSGvert03

Established Member
ripnroar46 said:
I have a custom catback that started out as a 2.5" stainless steel magnaflow catback, had the mufflers swapped out for MAC stainless steel flowpath mufflers that are welded in, then got rid of the magnaflow tips for MRT 3.5" Chrome rolled tips. Its now too loud for me after I just put on an o/r h-pipe, but I don't want to pay to have the stock h-pipe put back on. It sounded great with my stock h-pipe and would sound great with any catted midpipe! The passenger side muffler has a dent in the front casing, but its only a dent and hasn't affected the sound or any leaks.

I'd prefer to keep the tips, unless I like the ones that are on yours. I mainly don't like the magnaflow tips and the flowmasters crappy tips.

Let me know if you'd be interested to trade and what you have. Thanks!

hey man, just wanted to let you know if you put the magnaflows on there it will be louder then what you have now....i have it on my car and its loud as fawk, and my brother in law has the mac , both with or h pipes and mine swallows his whole.....just hate to see you swap and then not be happy....

ripnroar46

Established Member
DSGvert03 said:
hey man, just wanted to let you know if you put the magnaflows on there it will be louder then what you have now....i have it on my car and its loud as fawk, and my brother in law has the mac , both with or h pipes and mine swallows his whole.....just hate to see you swap and then not be happy....

naw the magnaflows aren't louder at all, i test drove a cobra with a mac o/r h pipe and magnaflow c/b, it sounded great but not crazy loud. the mac mufflers are very loud at regular driving rpms up to 2600 then it kinda backs down some. but they are also super loud at WOT. i went under a bridge and went WOT and i went deaf for about 5 seconds. an o/r x would probably be a little quieter at regular driving rpms but would be louder then the h-pipe in the higher rpms.

i might buy a catted bassani mid-pipe and see how that does for quieting it down.

Ironhand, i see you no longer have the Mach. I'll let you know if i'm going to sell the catback, I really don't want the stock cobra catback.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Well, my Cobra needs a tune bad to turn the rear 02 sensors off because of the o/r H so, I need an aftermarket catback before I spend the money on a pulley and tune. It would be a waste of money, but that Service Engine Soon light is really starting to bug that crap out of me. ROFL Let me know.

ripnroar46

Established Member
just bought an bassani cat'd x-pipe, so for right now i'm going to give my catback another shot, hopefully this will sound a lot better!

-still can't get the xbox 360 darn it! guess i'll have to wait another few months.

ripnroar46

Established Member
Ironhand said:
Well, my Cobra needs a tune bad to turn the rear 02 sensors off because of the o/r H so, I need an aftermarket catback before I spend the money on a pulley and tune. It would be a waste of money, but that Service Engine Soon light is really starting to bug that crap out of me. ROFL Let me know.

yeah the stock cat back on the cobra is very crappy, it holds back some hp for sure, the stock h-pipe is actually pretty good for power. well if your car is your DD which mine is i wouldn't recommend the 2.5" MAC catback with the o/r h-pipe because it's insanly loud. i wasn't expecting it to be a whole lot louder then my old fox with o/r x-pipe and flowmaster, but it definetly is!

well the tune is up to your decision, i went with a used predator and get custom tunes from mile hi dyno, then just bring it up to any dyno to see if everything is ok. its a lot cheaper then buying a new tuner, then paying for a custom dyno tune from a local tune. but the custom dyno tune, is more comforting since you can go and physically see your tuner and watch them do the adjustments. now with a custom dyno tune from a local tuner i'm not sure if you get lifetime custom tunes, like you can from mile hi dyno, thats what swayed me to go with the way i did.

good luck with the cobra man, its a very fun car!

Ironhand

Banned
Before I sold the Mach I pulled the new rims and tires off, the H pipe, and I pulled the chip out of the computer too. And Sam at Coastal will tune this car just like he did with the Mach. But did you hear my Mach before? We were at a sonic 1 night for a meet and I "warmed it up" alittle lol and I make the lights above the drive-in part shutoff for a few seconds. :)

ripnroar46

Established Member
nah i didn't get to hear it, i love the stingers, i'm going to have them eventually, but i'm not in any rush for them. why are you going to sell your mach wheels? i've been curious as to what they would look like on a lowered terminator, if they are the ones that are DD in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread