WTT my LOUD FLOWMASTER exhaust for your Borla or Bassani's

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Alright guys wanting to trade my super loud flowmaster exhaust for your Borla, Bassani Magnaflow exhaust. I just can't stand this exhaust it's freaking super loud I believe they are the flowmaster 40 series delta force f***king super loud set up and am running stock manifolds Bassani catted x pipe and stock 2.5 piping flows welded to stock piping. LMK what you have. Too much rumble inside car.Oh 1 tip is slightly bent nothing major that's just the way I bought the Cobra.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZbWuY5JZrs"]YouTube - 2004 Cobra Exhaust[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHMtwIRqxQ"]YouTube - 2004 Cobra[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwlChVNWCWU"]YouTube - 2004 Cobra Loud Exhaust[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHuSmoepKZc"]YouTube - 2004 Cobra Loud Exhaust Fly By[/ame]

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Bro if all you have is weld in mufflers and your wanting to go with Borla or Bassani, I have a feeling that you will be disappointed. There is more rumble with true 2.5 inch piping xpipe and 2.5 inch catback.....Stock piping is only 2.25..

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Bro if all you have is weld in mufflers and your wanting to go with Borla or Bassani, I have a feeling that you will be disappointed. There is more rumble with true 2.5 inch piping xpipe and 2.5 inch catback.....Stock piping is only 2.25..

No you should hear this exhaust it's horribly too loud I have heard Borlas and Bassanis and they don't compare.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Lloyd is right man. Not only that, doubt you will find a CB trade unless your just looking for mufflers. Might be better off just picking another pair of mufflers and having the flows cut out and the new ones welded in place.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
This is a sharp loud exhaust can't stand it that's why I'm looking for Borlas Bassanis or Magnaflows with deep rumble there is quite a bit a diffrence if you would just hear them. I have had diffrent setups with various cobras and mustangs and this by far takes the cake eventhough it has stock headders and just a Bassani catted pipe. Just tired of the same scream need diffrent low tone rumble. Thanks for your comments guys really appreciate it.
This setup is for someone looking to make some noise, not for me...

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
Your best bet is the Magnaflow catback. I recently purchased and installed the Stingers and it was entirely too loud inside the cabin. I'm a happy camper with the Magnaflow. Enough rumble on the outside and quiet enough on the inside that you can hear your radio and carry on a conversation.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Your best bet is the Magnaflow catback. I recently purchased and installed the Stingers and it was entirely too loud inside the cabin. I'm a happy camper with the Magnaflow. Enough rumble on the outside and quiet enough on the inside that you can hear your radio and carry on a conversation.

Yes your probably right I was looking around youtube and found that Magnaflows sound pretty cool not too loud but I guess I 'll just sit and wait see who comes with what.

EVO-lution

Established Member
flows = massive drone on the inside. Bassani and borla stingers are loud. The flows don't sound all that bad though IMO.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
flows = massive drone on the inside. Bassani and borla stingers are loud. The flows don't sound all that bad though IMO.

Yeah that's the thing they have massive drone noise inside the car which I can't stand. They have a high tone rumble though which I aslo dislike I guess I'm just looking for something kinda quite at idel and a deep rumble at FOT.

Sny714

Established Member
Those dont sound like 2 chambers.....especially with a catted midpipe it would be an even tone. I feel like you have 1 chambers. Its way to throaty, cherry bomb like sound, which would mean a straight through muffler, like their 1 chambers.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Those dont sound like 2 chambers.....especially with a catted midpipe it would be an even tone. I feel like you have 1 chambers. Its way to throaty, cherry bomb like sound, which would mean a straight through muffler, like their 1 chambers.
Yes they are Flowmaster 40 series 1 chamber Delta Force that's why they sound so high. Well any trades for my noisy exhaust???

Last edited:

Sny714

Established Member
Yes they are Flowmaster 40 series 1 chamber Delta Force that's why they sound so high. Well any trades for my noisy exhaust???

Thats going to be misleading to possible buyers. Flowmaster 40 series is a 2 chamber muffler, it wouldnt be a flowmaster 40 series 1 chamber muffler. You just have flowmaster 1 chambers, not 40 series. I believe the 1 chamber are 10 series.

Good luck though, hopefully you get the swap you want.

Last edited:

Freakingstang

Established Member
Stingers have lots of drone at highway speeds man, worse than flowmasters I've ran in the past. It isn't a deep rumble with the bassani X. it is a higher pitched sound. internet vids don't do it justice. I switched to the bassani catback and the drone is about the same, car sounds less wicked at idle and WOT, is is just enough quieter at cruising thru town not to get you pulled over....

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Thats going to be misleading to possible buyers. Flowmaster 40 series is a 2 chamber muffler, it wouldnt be a flowmaster 40 series 1 chamber muffler. You just have flowmaster 1 chambers, not 40 series. I believe the 1 chamber are 10 series.

Good luck though, hopefully you get the swap you want.

Thanks for the heads up but yes they are the Delta force they are really small not big like the flow's 1 chamber. What matters is the freaking sound and drone driving me nuts.:beer::beer:

millenmand

Established Member
jegs has the 6 in magnaflow mufflers for 80 a piece. My friend has them on his car, they sound really nice at wot and a nice little rumble for normal driving and no drone.

Users who are viewing this thread