WTT or FS: 02' GT LOW MILES for 96-98' Cobra

Blinkstang

Established Member
As the title states, I am looking to trade my 2002 GT for a 96-98' Cobra. Nothing is wrong with my car, I am just looking to no longer have a car payment (being a student). I owe $3k on the car, so not much, and I was hoping to get a Cobra and some cash to help pay it off. Plus I have always liked the previous bodies, I use to have a 96' GT myself. So I have recently been looking around at Cobras from these years and have seen them go for around $12k and under. I was looking to sell my car for around $15k, so I would have money left over to pay it off and pick up a Cobra. But I thought I would post up here first to see if anyone was interested in a trade. I am flexible to prices and such, as I am just throwing numbers out there to start.

Ok INFO on the car:

It is a 2002 Mustang GT. This car is in MINT condition and has VERY low miles, just hit 31k over the weekend. I have owned this car for a year and a half now. I purchased it last February from a dealership in a small town in Ohio with 24,811 miles. The car was completely bone stock, not a single modification. I went ahead and purchased an Extended Warranty along with the vehicle that is included in this sale - 5 years 75k miles. This car has ONLY been used during the Summer/Spring. It was garaged all of Fall/Winter while I was away at school. It was NEVER driven in snow while I owned it. It was probably driven in rain twice, thats it. In just over a year and a half of ownership I have only put 6k miles on the car. I have NEVER taken the car to the track. The oil was regularly changed every 3k miles with Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5w30 and a Motorcraft filter, as recommended in the manual.

All modifications to the vehicle were professionaly installed. NO work has been performed on the engine, it is BONE STOCK with the exception of a K&N Air Filter.

Modifications to the car include full exhaust, suspension, and cosmetic changes; full mod list is as follows:

Exhaust:

* BBK Chrome Longtube Headers
* BBK O/R Shorty H Pipe for LT Headers
* Magnaflow Stainless Steel Catback

Wheels/Tires:

* Silver Saleen Replicas
* 18x9 Front w/Sumitomo HTR-Z II 265/35/18
* 18x10 Rear w/Sumitomo HTR-Z II 285/35/18

Wheels and Tires have around 4k on them with 75% plus tread remaining. Both were purchased BRAND NEW: Wheels from Wheel Replicas and Tires from Tire Rack. The wheels are in MINT condition, not a scratch or any type of curb rash on them, look 100% brand new.

Exterior:

* Brand NEW 99-01' Cobra Front Bumper w/Foglights
-License Plate Holes FILLED
-Professionally Painted
-Custom Flat Black Insert on Upper Grille Panel
-Silverstar Foglight Bulbs

* Brand NEW 03-04' Cobra Mirrors
-Purchased from Blue Oval Industries PAINTED

* 03' Cobra Spoiler w/LED Brakelight
-Painted to Match
-Unused Trunk Holes Filled
-Cobra Wiring Harness for Brakelight, Plate Lights, Trunk Light - All Functional

Other:

* Steeda Mach I Grille Delete
* Mustang Tuning 8inch Shorty Antenna
* Autobadges 50% Tail Light Tint
* Autobadges 50% Sidemarker Tint
* Black GT Emblem
* Steeda Rear License Plate Frame
* Silverstar Headlight Bulbs
* Silverstar Side Marker Bulbs

Interior:

* Bullitt Door Pins + Bezels
* Bullitt Pedals (Accelerator, Brake, Clutch, Dead Pedal)
* MGW Silver Headlight Knob
* UPR Silver Rear Coat Hangers
* UPR Silver Slimline A/C Knobs
* Bullitt Shift Ball
* IUP Mach Silver A/C Trim Bezel
* IUP Mach Silver Shifter Bezel

* Factory Mach 460 w/In Dash 6 Disc CD Changer
* MGW Short Throw Shifter w/Red + Blue Handles

Suspension:
* Tokico HP Shocks/Struts
* Maximum Motorsports CC Plates
* H&R Sport Lowering Springs (Front - 1.6 inch, Rear 1.5 inch)

All parts were purchased BRAND NEW with the exception of the 03' Cobra Spoiler. I purchased that piece used from a local forum, an individual with a 2003 Cobra swapped to a Saleen S281 spoiler and sold me his. It was in MINT condition, and originally Torch Red. It was sanded down and painted silver to match the car.

Car has no problems what so ever. Operates like a brand new car, with ice cold A/C and stock engine. Only three things that I would mention:

1. Check Engine Light remains lit when driving. This has nothing to do with the engine, it is because of the longtube headers. I had the codes run and they are for the passenger side 02 sensor heater. Thus the car needs a new 02 sensor, $60, or a tune to compensate for the longtubes via a heater delay.

2. On the trunk I had two holes filled because those screw locations were no longer used when I swapped to the Cobra spoiler. But the filler that was used has begun to bubble. I immediately reported this to the person I had fill the holes and am awaiting a refund of the price of the work, $160. Thus I will knock off $160 from the final sale or trade, so that you may use the money to get this fixed if you so choose. Or if I get the refund soon, I will have the holes fixed myself by a reputable shop and hand it over to you with the work complete! That is the only imperfection any where on this car.

3. The paint is in perfect condition, looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. On the entire car I have counted only 2 scratches. One literally the size of an ant on the driver door - you would only see it if I walked up to the car and showed you. And another that is a small rock chip on the hood towards the front. Again it is a very small chip and not something that you would readily notice.

I love this car and have had zero problems with it. But being a college student I would like to no longer have a car payment. I currently owe $3k on this car, so its not much at all. But I would like to sell it and use the money to buy another Mustang cash. Thus I am looking for a 96-98' Cobra, in order to save money.

If you need any specific pics of the car or have any questions please let me know.

TRADES

As for the Cobra I am looking for, here is what I want:

* 96-98'
* Hardtop (NO Verts)
* Low to Avg Miles
* Black or Grey Interior (NO Tan, No exceptions)
* Exterior Colors I prefer - Black, White, Laser Red, Rio Red, Blue.

Let me know what you guys have, any trades you may want to do or if your interested in purchasing, thanks!

Pics:

6.jpg

30un2.jpg

55hp.jpg

15bg.jpg

22hk.jpg

431di.jpg

504fl.jpg

336bl.jpg

350id.jpg

883cv.jpg

575hd.jpg

Let me know if there is anything you want a specific picture of or an upclose shot and I will get it for you.

IMPORTANT: And I know some may be worried about the Longtubes voiding the warranty or even just emmissions concerns. Thus if you would rather not have them, I can work something out and have them removed and replaced with the stock manifolds at no cost to you. Thus you would get the car as it sits now, but with the stock manifolds, stock H, and the current Magnaflow catback. Wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks - Edgar
Location - Chicago (15min from O'Hare Airport)

Last edited:

Blinkstang

Established Member
hardtohitme7 said:
pm me your bottom dollar, im in chicago and im looking to buy a car asap

Tried PM'ing you but got the following:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. hardtohitme7 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I can email you if you'd like (just need your email as it said you chose not to recieve emails either).

And thats awesome that your in Chicago, your welcome to come check out the car anytime - just let me know.

Last edited:

Blinkstang

Established Member
97cobraheaven said:
at first i thought you were crazy, but that is a very nice GT you have there! bump

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! The Snake in your sig is sweeet, love the white, very nice!!

Last edited:

Blinkstang

Established Member
zx3focus said:
Why do you want an older cobra? Just curious.

For one, I want to have a paid off car so thats a big part - no car payment. Plus I would love to have an 03-04' Cobra but can in no way afford one at this time, not to mention the insurance on one! I use to have a 96' GT and loved that body style, but I was always envious of the Cobras of that year - they have one of the sweetest stock hood and bumper combos, Mmmm, haha.

So I wanted to see if I could trade my car for one with some cash to pay off the GT (owe around $3k). I dont see it as going back and getting an older car, but rather my first step into Cobra territory, haha.

So Im just looking to see if there was any interest. I dont mind keeping my car at all - I may be doing an IRS swap on it pretty soon as a matter of fact. I dont take my car to the track and would rather have a smoother ride on Chicagos craptastic streets! If I do the swap, then I'll just keep my car - I'll know soon if its happening.

But in the meantime Im still looking for a 96-98' Cobra...

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread