x-pipe & h-pipe O/R

buckinwild

Established Member
Here is my setup, SLP catted X/Borla Stingers.YouTube - LAUNCH AND HIGH SPEED FLY-BY'S VIDEO.wmv. I had the SLP mated up to weld in Flow's originally and thought it sounded ok. With the SLP you can go O/R or catted since the cats clamp on. The beauty of exhaust sound is in the ear of the listener really, best if you listen to sound clips of different ones and make a pick off that but I'll second the advice on going mufflerless, I heard some and it just sounds like obnoxious crap noise to me anyway. Mobil 1 syn 5/20 motor oil, Mobil syn w/Lucas tranny fix 2/1 ratio mix in tranny is what I run. Not tampered with axle gear oil thus far but will go with Mobil 75/90 when that time comes.

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member
MAC :)

Other than MAC i'd get bassani imo

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb_GMq6UUx4"]YouTube - 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Mac Exhaust[/nomedia]

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Hello guys. I'm new to the mustang world.. I used to be in the ricer world, but It's time to move onto a bigger better toy. I just wanted to know the difference between a O/R X-pipe and O/R H-pipe before i place a order. Performance difference? Sound difference? Any opinions?

They all sound the same to me on youtube. :shrug:

Depending how strict the police are in your area, you should try to maintain some what of a balance.

If you want a deeper tone and and little less (a little) noise = h pipe

I have Bassani cat back with a h pipe, perfect tone and volume balance. I can keep the volume in check when I want and be obnoxious when I want.

ALFONSO318

Established Member
Anyone running Magnaflows with the OR X pipe? My buddy is considering it cause his Magnaflows are really quiet right now and he wants some more rumble...

clc44

Established Member
I thought I had the pop he was refering too^^ I have shitty ass flow masters.. but after letting my cousin drive my car.. the pop could only be heard inside... along with a rattle... outside the car sounded amazing... inside I can't stand the way it sounds.. hence why I hate flowmaster.. but outside I gotta give flowies credit

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I have the same feeling! Just heard my car from outside.... Awesome!

Still going to change it up. Can't do the drone, plus I want straight thru muffs.

Konesh

Established Member
I have a catted x-pipe(not sure on brand) with BBK longtubes and flowmaster catback on mine, previous owner did it. It's an OK sound, but it sound like every other mustang with flows and I hate that. I'm looking at an o/r x with Borla Stingers, love that sound!

Users who are viewing this thread