x-pipe install question

MIKEC501

Established Member
I have a bassini o.r. x. will it be ok to drive it with out the rear o2's hooked up and no MIL'S for a while until I get it tuned and shut them off? or would it be better to have bung's welded in for the rear o2's and hook them up? thanks

v8hunter

Established Member
You could just unplug the rear 02s and you would just have a check engine light. I would probably have a bung for a wideband 02 (same as our rear o2 bungs) put on the x pipe before it's installed in the car as it makes tuning easier. It also gets harder to find places that are willing to work on cars without cats so you can get it done now so you don't have to sweat it later.

my .02

nols1

Established Member
i will have 02 sims for sale cheap as soon as i get my sct and tune from amazon let me know if you are interested(sp?)

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
im not sure exactly what u mean. u have to plug the holes or it will probably sound really shitty. but if u knew this already, u can run them unplugged. the check engine wont hurt the car. i ran mine plugged in with the check engine light until i got it tuned. it was just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread