X Pipe Install tips?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'm installing a UPR ORX pipe tomorrow after work in the garage. I'm sure plenty of you guys have installed a midpipe. I'll turn off the rear O2's with the Predator.

Any tips?

2HNB

Established Member
Have a few swivels on hand to get to the manifold bolts, and un hook the sensors first!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Will do. Anyone know what size wrench for the O2's? I think 20mm is the biggest I have.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
I think it's 7/8 th's.

Sir.... I..I..I.. say you are correct!

Use plenty of PB blaster and let it sit on those tought to remove bolts. Oh...and take your time.

--Matt

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
Yep what tom said it's a pretty easy job.

Either I suck with a wrech or you guys are on crack. I'm thinking the first option. It took me forever to get the stock xpipe off. The ORX went on much easier since there aren't any cats to get in the way. I'm just about done. I have to torque all the bolts basically and that's it. It sure doesn't help that I'm doing this on jackstands. I only have about 15" clearance.

I should've just paid $75 and had it installed. I could've saved all the cussing for a rainy day. Oh well, it was a good learning experience. I can't wait to fire that baby up! UPR ORX + Bassani CB w/o baffles = L O U D :rockon:

2HNB

Established Member
I can feel you on the jack stands!!! I did it on rhino ramps in the garage!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread