X pipe or H pipe???

cobraCRZY48

Established Member
What are the real differences between a x or an h? Does they give different sounds or different hp gains? Also does O/R midpipe throw check engine codes?

Monster Mach

Established Member
Different sound... x is more raspy... but the best xs are the ones u actually pay for.. I love my magnaflow o/r x... very loud... h is more the stock sound just louder.... h.p gains.. bout the same.. x may give 1 or 2 more h.p.. as for codes... yes with stock o2 mil or turn the rear o2s off

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

stang5_o2002

Established Member
I have an o/r H pipe on my 97 and it sounds awesome. My buddy has an X on his 01 Roush. It sounds good but has a higher pitched more raspy sound like others have said. I was up in the air about it but now that I got the H Im glad I did.

Monster Mach

Established Member
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=kingkong2567. My mach 1 videos.. with o/r x

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I have always liked the catted H-pipes beeter on all of my Mustangs. My last one was an MRT catter H on a 2003 Cobra. It sounded a lot better than the same exhaust combo on a friends 2003 Cobra except for a catted X.
It is really all about what sounds best to you. It won't be too long before another exhaust sound thread shows up that will allow you to listen to different combinations.

Silver5Oh

Established Member
th_exhaustmustang.jpg

O/R Xpipe with Bassani Axle backs. It drones at 2100rpms, but it doesnt bother me any.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
If you're running cats then the X can sound great, in an exotic car kind of way. However, if you're going to run the car loud and/or catless, then the off-road H is a winner.

20zx6r07

Established Member
Anyone have a video of an o/r H with stock mufflers? I'm thinking of trying the Lethal o/r H and a JLT cai. I would like the car to be a little louder but not super loud.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
no they are still intact... i wouldnt advise cutting those off unless its a strip car only... what kind of vid would you like?

I wouldn't cut them either. I was just wondering if you had posted a vid of the sound. I have searched youtube and only come up with O/R X and GT500's not the O/R H (besides steedafever but he cut his resonators off).

I don't have the 5.0 yet, so no need to go out and film something if you already haven't. Just seems like that would be the best combo out there for a deep mean sounding set up.

Users who are viewing this thread