(X360 & PC)Test Drive: Unlimited

FordGTGuy

Established Member
I don't know if you guys know about this game yet but it will include the Ford GT. You say why is that so special alot of games have the Ford GT? Because this takes free roam racing to an exetreme level!

The Game will be on the Xbox 360 and is launching June 2006 and on the PC launching is September 2006. But the 360 version will be superior.

The Quick Version:
*Whole Island of Ohau
*1,000+ miles of road
*125+ vehicles including cars and motorcycles
*9 hours straight to drive every road
*65+ houses to choose from to buy
*Buy cars at car specific dealerships
*M.O.O.R.(Massively Open Online Racing) this means when plaing online there are only two rooms North America and Europe that can hold over 20k+ players in each room!
*Ford GT is in the Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*When you buy a car you can choose the rims, interior, and paint you want to buy it with. You can also Rev the engine, play with the windows, and open and close the doors. The biggest thing is that you can take it on a 2 minute test drive.
*You can rent cars for certain races or just for fun.
*You can go buy clothes at one of the many stores and change the look of your driver.
*You can create clubs online.
*There will be a virtual Ebay online to buy and sell cars and parts.
*You can start custom online tournaments that last 7 days that include the creater making a profit, an entry fee, and a winners pot.
*You can race, pickup hitchhikers, and many other things!
*The highways are claimed with traffic.
*Car damage is not in the game this decision was made so some ass online woudn't destroy your car once you bought it.
*More and More and More read the articles to get the rest.

Car List:
http://www.freewebs.com/fordgtguy/carlist.htm

Articles:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747892.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747892.html

fordgt6dx8ul.jpg

Ford GT from an early build of the game!

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I like the sound of this game. I'm pretty much done and bored with PGR3 and am now playing G.R.A.W.

I'm definitely going to rent this when it comes out.

bone stock

Established Member
you need to play project gotham on 360, it's amazing. not to mention all the ford products :-D

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
The vids on ign don't look that good. Its a bit arcade like. I prefer simulations. It does run at 60fps which PGR3 does not so thats a good thing.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I was worried about Test Drive being arcadey myself but if that side shot of that Ford GT is not rendered I'm deffinatly going to have to atleast give it a rent.

As far as PGR3 goes, I will only be bored with it once I'm atleast in the top 1000 players on Xbox Live. (Just dropped into league 18)

FordGTGuy

Established Member
bone stock said:
here it is at gamespot with some videos. idk, project gotham is pretty amazing. i love how the saleen E is one of the top 5 fastest cars in the game :thumbsup: . but with this test drive, i cant believe how big the servers are, 20 thousand?! can you say lag!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/dri...ml?sid=6146115&mode=gameplay&autoplay=6146115

:lol1: lets all laugh at the retard. No there isn't going to be lag dummy! Can anyone say WoW what about CoH maybe even Starwars Galaxies. Do they lag nope.

:burn:

This and PGR3 is comparing apples and oranges this isn't an arcadey game its arcade/sim just like PGR3.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
moddestmike said:
The vids on ign don't look that good. Its a bit arcade like. I prefer simulations. It does run at 60fps which PGR3 does not so thats a good thing.

OMFG not the FPS wars again!

all these videos are taken in bad resolution with crappy cameras and are of old builds of the game. It doesn't come out for a couple of months give it a chance.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
OMFG not the FPS wars again!

all these videos are taken in bad resolution with crappy cameras and are of old builds of the game. It doesn't come out for a couple of months give it a chance.
IGN comfirmed it runs 60fps, I said that was the GOOD part. The past Test Drives have always been arcade like and I prefer a simulation. Its just does not look appealing to me. Thats all I said. If it is indeed a ggod game I will purchase it. I felt the same way about burnout but I bought it and I love it.

bone stock

Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
:lol1: lets all laugh at the retard. No there isn't going to be lag dummy! Can anyone say WoW what about CoH maybe even Starwars Galaxies. Do they lag nope.

:burn:

This and PGR3 is comparing apples and oranges this isn't an arcadey game its arcade/sim just like PGR3.

first off, don't call me a retard, you havent even played this game yet. project gotham is the most realistic driving simulation game i have ever played. thirdly, all 360 games lag online, especially call of duty 2. your saying putting TWENTY THOUSAND people onto one server wont lag :shrug: i'm not trying to say this game wont be good, i've never played it. but calling me a retard when i say there will be lag when there are 20,000 people in one room is just ignorant.

Last edited:

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
bone stock said:
first off, don't call me a retard, you havent even played this game yet. project gotham is the most realistic driving simulation game i have ever played. thirdly, all 360 games lag online, especially call of duty 2. your saying putting TWENTY THOUSAND people onto one server wont lag :shrug: i'm not trying to say this game wont be good, i've never played it. but calling me a retard when i say there will be lag when there are 20,000 people in one room is just ignorant.
Have you ever heard of an MMORPG? Like World of Warcraft or Star Wars Galaxies or Everquest. Thos have many thousands of people in the same server at once, and they dont lag.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Car damage is not in the game this decision was made so some ass online woudn't destroy your car once you bought it.

Lame.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
bone stock said:
project gotham is the most realistic driving simulation game i have ever played.

You've obviously never played a real simulation before.

Get your hands on simulations that are built on some real physics engines (like an uncompromised ISI engine for example) and then you'll know what it's all about. PGR is an arcade game, not a simulation. No matter how pretty these console racing games get, their physics engines continue to be laughable. I've yet to be even slightly impressed with any of them.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Scoriox said:
Car damage is not in the game this decision was made so some ass online woudn't destroy your car once you bought it.

Lame.

well you know the developers have to cut curves so when the game comes out people don't bitch.

:bash:

It has the Mustang GTR too, +1

it has the shelby cobra concept, AC 427, and a plymouth Barracuda to!

You've obviously never played a real simulation before.

Get your hands on simulations that are built on some real physics engines (like an uncompromised ISI engine for example) and then you'll know what it's all about. PGR is an arcade game, not a simulation. No matter how pretty these console racing games get, their physics engines continue to be laughable. I've yet to be even slightly impressed with any of them.

exactly I would reccomend Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread