Xbox 360 Patch Released

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Xbox 360 Patches Itself
Microsoft releases a mandatory next-gen band-aid.
by Charles Onyett

January 30, 2006 - Earlier today Microsoft released an official update to the Xbox 360, patching in improvements to a number of different facets of the console. When you fire up your system and sign into Xbox Live after you get home today from work, school or hardcore sleeping session, you can expect to be met with a mandatory update message, a brief download time and a system reboot. After your console restarts, you'll find several fixes including the option to keep your saved games when a profile is deleted, more precision when it comes to recording the "last time played" for players on Xbox Live, more informative messages for unreadable discs or region related errors, improved network functionality for Xbox Live users in the Netherlands, and changes to the Xbox Guide, according to a story on the official Xbox site.

What else can we say about this update? Well, it's obvious that there are several minor sorts of fixes, but many gamers were hoping for updates that affect the play of actual games, such as the much rumored Call of Duty 2 patch. While we know a patch is underway, we've still had no official word on exactly when it will be released, though rumors floating around suggest tomorrow as a likely time.

As we stated in our predictions piece earlier this month, we should expect to see more and more of these system updates in the near future. While some may be disappointed that Microsoft needs to release updates to correct flaws in the system that many feel should have been rectified before launch, just think about what it would have been like if the Xbox 360 couldn't be patched. No system is perfect, and we're all better off with auto-updates instead of having to live with permanent flaws and the impossibility of system software improvements.

I don't usually post gaming but I noticed some gamers up here so I thought I might notify some of you guys who haven't turned the 360 yet today.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Yep, got my patch today.

I don't see why people would bitch that it needs patches. It's like anything else in life: not perfect and expensive, lol!

FordGTGuy

Established Member
95oRANGEcRUSH said:
Yep, got my patch today.

I don't see why people would bitch that it needs patches. It's like anything else in life: not perfect and expensive, lol!

lifes a B**** then you die.

sadly my 360 is currently in the shop for a power surge so I will get my update in like 6-7 days have fun dude ;)

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I got it last night. I loved the "If you don't download this patch, you cannot be on XBOX Live" disclaimer.

I didn't notice anything different after the patch was downloaded.

SteveChris

Established Member
i got it, i didnt get to play much but i noticed i played better and i swear a grew about another inch in the pants

thenexlevel

Established Member
This patch made my nba 2k6 much slower than usual, don't know if its because the network was lagging with everyone downloading the patch...

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
I downloaded the backwards patch the night it came out. Im sure i will download this patch if i need it... Plus is there going to be any car updates for PGR3 and since i have COD2 do i need the patch.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
so this patch only effects XBox live?

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
so this patch only effects XBox live?

yes it is an Xbox Live patch :poke:

BTW I was sent a brand new 360 for free! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
yes it is an Xbox Live patch :poke:

BTW I was sent a brand new 360 for free! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

That's awesome man!! I've heard that in most cases they are giving new ones out.

What's with the patch for COD2? I don;t have that game and I've been hearing about people asking for a patch. Why?

Users who are viewing this thread