XCal4 + LiveLink2 + FPDC reading

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've just made some changes and I'd like some input on my data, specifically the FPDC.

Magnaflow catback
2.76 upper pulley + snub idler
JLT cold air intake
Lund mail order tune (through Lethal Performance)

From what I understand this setup is supposed to be pretty straight forward and not tax the base fuel or air system.

I did a pull from ~20 mph to ~76 MPH in 3rd up to ~ 4900 RPMs while data logging to be sure my MAF counts, FPDC, and injector dP all looked OK before winding it out any higher. Well, my FPDC went to .49, MAF counts are up there at ~900, and the injector dP looked to be steady.

Not liking my FPDC, I contacted Jon Lund and sent him my data log. He wasn't too much help, other than covering his butt by suggesting I get an air/fuel ratio reading. Not a bad idea, but not helpful.

So I changed my fuel filter and re-ran a very similar data log session tonight up to 4916 RPM. FPDC peaked momentarily at .49 but settled to .47. My MAF counts peaked at 913.

My main question is if the XCal4 and Livelink 2 FPDC readings peak at .50 or do they go all the way up to 1.00?

MAF counts peak at 1023, so it looks like I need a MAF extender of some sort to make it up to 6750 RPMS.

Working on an AEM AFR setup, but not sure how long until I get that sorted out with a local shop.

Is this typical of a Terminator with the above modifications? Seems like I'm running out of fuel and air earlier than others.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
FPDC is capped at 0.5 you have to times it by 2 to get true duty cycle. If you look at RTLS FPUMP that will goto 1. No matter how you look at it you going to need a MAF and BAP min. Do you have PPRV delete?

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
I have nearly the same mods as you( Lund tune, 2.7 upper,etc.) and Lund recommended a MAFia when I bought the tuner from lethal. I noticed my A/F was a little lean up top and datalogged my FPDM and it was maxed. Had to install a BAP with wiring upgrade to get it down.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback, gmtech.

I need to decide if I'm going all in on HP or switch back to a larger pulley and get the FTBR kit.

Users who are viewing this thread