XXR Wheels Anyone!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleenkid01

Established Member
changed my mind. i ordered the xxr 521's on tuesday, so Im hoping they're here early to middle of next week. i got the 20X8.5" for the front and 20X10.5" for the rear. im not sure if im gonna like the flat black,but I figure Ill try them and if not Ill have them pwodercoated gloss black. Im also up in the air on if i should do the chrome or blue rivets. I think these rims will look awesome on the saleen. I just remember a long time ago there was a picture of a black saleen on here with a set of maya stm's which I absolutely fell in love with. But the maya's were a 3-piece wheel and huge money.. These wheels remind me ALOT of the mays's so I figure Ill give it a shot. Like I said Im hoping to have them on in the next week or so, and I will definately post pics. Also, I still have the gloss black saleens 18X9" for the front and 18X10" for the rear coming for the car. They should be in on wednesday. Im not sure if Im gonna sell these wheels yes or put a set of drag radials on the car and use them as track tires. plus they would look really good on the car just in general. but if i can get what I paid for them, Ill probably let them go.Let me know.And like I said Ill definately post up pics of the xxr's when they go on.

cobra22psi

GOD LIKE!
Established Member
Have the XXR 006 on my 06 GT:

Picture166.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture168.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg
imo you need to get some tints. just get 20-35% that would make that thing look real nice.

pb1302

Established Member
I don't recommened any of them either.:nonono:

OK.... I don't recommend anyone have crappy looking rims like those on your car....about 90% run OEM or Replicas ... so where is the problem? Lost of info on expensive a$$ Bogart wheels out there that fell apart .... so not sure how your comment has any value....

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I wish those wheels weren't universal...I'd get polished or silver for mine.

saleenkid01

Established Member
silverspec, just out of curiosity. what size rims did u get? and what size tires did you put on them? thanks

saleenkid01

Established Member
i put the xxr wheels on my car about a week and a half ago. no pics yet. ill snap some tomorrow though and post them up.

98expo

Established Member
I want to get a set of these 521's. Any pics yet? I would like to see them before I pull the trigger.

saleenkid01

Established Member
finally got a couple pics tonight. just took them quick in my driveway. had them on the car for about a 2 weeks now. i think they look perfect. got nothing but good compliments on them so far, they are flat black, and i think im gonna leave them that way. the front offset was +32 and the rear was +30. the sizes are 20X10.5" rear and 20X8.5" front. i put 285/30/20's on the rear and 245/35/20's on the front. i was considering having them powdercoated gloss black,but i think im gonna leave them for now. the only thing i have changed so far is i did change the lugnuts from chrome to black, and im not sure what im gonna do with the chrome rivets if i do anything at all with thme. some people have said toi leave them, others have said to go more silver/gray to match the sticker color of the saleen, and others have said to go straight black, any suggestions are welcome, and ill try to get better pics up, but the serpentine belt snapped so i gotta get that fixed, so i havent been able to get better pics, but i will asap. and like i said any compliments/suggestions are welcome. thanks!

10-9-10030-1.jpg

10-9-10031-1.jpg

10-9-10033.jpg

10-9-10034.jpg

10-9-10032.jpg

and a couple of the 20k hid's i added

10-9-10045.jpg

10-9-10046.jpg

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
and that's why im working on this ;-)

SOON. im trying to get the prototype CAD image already.

YES! im working on bringing a semi-custom wheel to the market. custom finishes and offsets, big brake clearances, GOOD widths. for about $1200 a set, retail. think BBS RK Plasma-like. not look alikes but somewhat similar in looks but actually less in price ;-) they wont be forged but they'll be 100x nicer and better looking than your run of the mill FR500s. PLUS, we can drill them to any lug pattern, so the fox guys can get them too. im looking at starting with 18" since that has THE biggest market.

ill be doing a GB for the first batch. just to get them out there and on cars with pics floating around. after that they'd be available through resellers and possibly directly, for the full retail price.

ive been meaning to post up a thread in the terminator section about it but i was kind of waiting to get the pics first so you guys could have an idea what im talking about...

This sounds awesome!

saw you tried to PM me. im assuming about this.

as SOON as i have the CAD image i will be posting it up all over the place. ill be doing a GB for them (probably just ONE gb) and be posting threads in the Lightning, gt500, terminator, fox body, new edge, etc.. sections so everyone has a chance. also in the TF forum on page 1. so just keep checking those sections and you'll eventually see something pop up. i doubt they'll sell out immediately so no worries about missing out. :beer:

after that, im hoping some online resellers such as Lethal, AM, etc.. pick them up but obviously they'd be at the full retail price. there are always great benefits to being one of those who are brave enough to jump on the ship early. i think ive proven to provide good looking quality products so i think enough people will be willing to buy in based on the CAD image. once the real product is shown its much easier but then you dont get the serious hook up for taking the "risk" ;-) and its not like im saying "trust me, it will look good". i will have a 3D cad image which will be the actual image of what it will look like in its real form.

I'd be willing to go in on the test phase provided the CAD images are to my liking. However, i doubt you'll be making these in C5 Z06 sizes will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread