Ya'll will be proud of me!!

mnypit

Established Member
The acquisition of MNYPIT3 is now complete. My 600HP '01 is gone (she will be dearly missed), and taking her place is the Redfire '03 Coupe. She will be cared for with the most loving of hands. Kenne Bell will help her go, Kenny Brown will help her move, and Brembo will help her stop. Looking forward to starting this new project, and I can honestly say that the knowledge this forum has bestowed on me over the last few months will make that journey an easy and pleasant one.

It is a bitter sweet moment for me, but a joyous occasion nonetheless. I am excited, pleased, and proud of my new "ride".

It will be fun "hanging out" with all of you!!

Steve

Juiced-03

Established Member
I remember watching you 01 on stangnet and drooling over your setup when I had my 01 cobra. Then about a year ago I made the purchase of my yellow 03 and havnt looked back. This car stock probably doesnt compare to your 01 but once you get some mods, it will move!

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Congrats and good choice on the color!!!

mnypit

Established Member
Thanks for the replys folks!! I have only driven the car for about an hour total, and there are several things I alredy like better than the '01 and I didnt think that was possible. Truly looking forward to enjoying the full potential of this machine. Gotta wait till Spring though, it started snowing in my neighborhood yesterday :(.

Steve

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by mnypit
The acquisition of MNYPIT3 is now complete. My 600HP '01 is gone (she will be dearly missed), and taking her place is the Redfire '03 Coupe. She will be cared for with the most loving of hands. Kenne Bell will help her go, Kenny Brown will help her move, and Brembo will help her stop. Looking forward to starting this new project, and I can honestly say that the knowledge this forum has bestowed on me over the last few months will make that journey an easy and pleasant one.

It is a bitter sweet moment for me, but a joyous occasion nonetheless. I am excited, pleased, and proud of my new "ride".

It will be fun "hanging out" with all of you!!

Steve

Steve! We met at Paul's when jg00gt had his Procharged GT tuned- I drove the Red 99 GT. You bought my car man (see sig) lol. I figured it was only a mtter of time before you dumped the '01 and bought an '03...but did it have to be Redfire? j/k

Brian

mnypit

Established Member
Re: Re: Ya'll will be proud of me!!

Originally posted by CobraBri
Steve! We met at Paul's when jg00gt had his Procharged GT tuned- I drove the Red 99 GT. You bought my car man (see sig) lol. I figured it was only a mtter of time before you dumped the '01 and bought an '03...but did it have to be Redfire? j/k

Brian

Brian!! Long time no talk! Man a bunch has happened since we met at Paul's. The short story; '01 blew up, rebuilt, upgraded to D-1SC, put down 534RWHP at 12psi. Then I got rid of it, obviously.

Sorry about the color! I was seriously thinking about getting another Zinc Yellow, but there were none in the state. The wife saw the Redfire and said, "that is a pretty color, get that one". And when the man of the house speaks, I listen!

It is gonna be fun tinkering with this car. It really is a diferent car, all for the better!

Steve

CobraBri

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Ya'll will be proud of me!!

Brian!! Long time no talk! Man a bunch has happened since we met at Paul's. The short story; '01 blew up, rebuilt, upgraded to D-1SC, put down 534RWHP at 12psi. Then I got rid of it, obviously.

Sorry about the color! I was seriously thinking about getting another Zinc Yellow, but there were none in the state. The wife saw the Redfire and said, "that is a pretty color, get that one". And when the man of the house speaks, I listen!

It is gonna be fun tinkering with this car. It really is a diferent car, all for the better!

Steve

cool...last I saw of you on stangnet you were getting the motor rebuilt (ouch.) I hope you at least got some of your mny out of the mnypit lol. BTW, since you will inevitably be getting a new power adder, why don't you check out this ---> http://www.inductionconcepts.com/Mustang03Cobra.asp
If you take the plunge let me know all about it so that I can live vicariously through you :rolling: :D I would LOVE to see a tt '03 Cobra and witness a single turbo supra freeway smackdown :rockon:

DPS

Established Member
Coooooooooool. Another Indy cobra owner. Congrats. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I have worked with the guys a Kenny Brown a little and they are pretty nice people. Good Luck with the mods.

:beer:

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
Coooooooooool. Another Indy cobra owner. Congrats. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I have worked with the guys a Kenny Brown a little and they are pretty nice people. Good Luck with the mods.

You bet, when the weather breaks this Spring, we will have to do a gathering of some kind. I have known the folks at Kenny Brown for years, and yes they are nice people!

Steve

DPS

Established Member
You bet, when the weather breaks this Spring, we will have to do a gathering of some kind. I have known the folks at Kenny Brown for years, and yes they are nice people!

Steve

Sounds great. This forum is great and full of really nice people, just not a lot of us here in the Indianapolis area. If the snow melts and the salt gets washed off the roads I will try to get mine out. I don't like to let things set to long. By the way, when are you getting the mods done?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
MNYPIT3

CONGRATULATIONS STEVE!

Welcome to the Redfire 03 Club! Great to have a sister car here in Indy. I love the Redfire and it gets the looks and the compliments. Zaino that bad boy!. Call me and we'll discuss mod strategy. I maybe headed down that path. Peace

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
Sounds great. This forum is great and full of really nice people, just not a lot of us here in the Indianapolis area. If the snow melts and the salt gets washed off the roads I will try to get mine out. I don't like to let things set to long. By the way, when are you getting the mods done?

I know the feeling. I want to try and drive it as much as possible to loosen the motor up abit before the Kenne Bell goes on. Kenny Brown Springs and Bassani exhaust are sitting in the garage waiting for me. In a couple of weeks, it goes to Kenny Browns shop for the Extreme Matrix brace install. I am gonna wait until late February or early March before the Kenne Bell goes on. No point in having it if I cant use it for a few months.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread