YaY...more problems for me!!

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Hey guys...so I took the cobra out today cause I had to get a new belt for it along with a new fog light bulb. Well I guess bad luck has struck again! :cuss: Anyway, I get alot of vibration from the rear of the car, not sure if it is the rear end exactly. This is what happens.

Driving regularly, put the brake it, car vibrates, I think i need new pads any way. Then when I take the car out of gear and coast, no brake no clutch or anything, I get some serious vibration from the rear to the point where I get ratteling from my exhaust tip which is loose in the hanger and rattles against the tank I think. But the vibration from the car itself seems pretty bad. I am half tempted to bring it to JR's on sunday just to see if someone wants to take it out with me and try to diagnose what the problem is...give me your opinions on wheater i should bring it, leave it, and what is wrong. Thanks guys!

Matt

TRBO VNM

honestly, I think you need to get some of this little issues fixed that you know of. Like the brakes, exhaust rattle. When you have stuff like that it makes it impossible to accurately determine what else is going on. That could be your vibration problem. You really can't say it isn't until they are fixed and it is still doing it. If it is ok with JR, bring the car and maybe you can at least get the exhaust rattle fixed. Then the brakes during the week or something.

verbal

Established Member
When I had my 5.0L Lincoln I used to get a random engine vibration that would shake the entire car. I can only remember it happening when I came to a stop. It would happen on and off so it was hard to diagnose but in the end I think it was the EGR valve. This could all be associated with the pop you are getting as well.

You can bring it over to my house and I will check the work that we did last weekend to make sure that that is not the problem. We could replace the EGR valve or any of the loose hoses if you want.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I know it's obvious, but I once drove halfway to Carlisle with my lugs not torqued, after doing wheel work and having a brain f**t. Talk about a vibration. The brake vibration could be rotors, but is probibly different from the rear end trouble.

"Shamless Promotion Dept" Come to our Tech Session today (see other post titled "Tech Session Today for SVTOA On Track") and we'll check it out for you.

Sorry-Went back and saw you're from PA. We may be a wee bit far away for you.

Last edited:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Well I will take all 4 tires off tonight when I get home from bowling with my gf and friends and see if that helps. I'll re-adjust the wheel and tighten them up real good and take it out and see if that helps. If its to bad, I might just leave it at home but I would really like to see if its possible at all that maybe its not a serious problem and could be fixed @ JR's. Although I am having my gears installed and some things fixed/checked by the same guy. So...I hope things work out!! I'll update you guys late tonight.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Wahoo!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Seems I fixed the grinding problem I was "feeling". Ask me how and I cant tell you. All I did was take the lug nuts off the car and re-adjust the tire tightened em up and waaalaaaa(sp) No more serious rattleing when bracking, no more grinding feeling, only problem now is the right tail pipe is quite close to the rear tire which might cause a rubbing problem with the tire and pipe..but if im getting the flows today from Todd, if he is able to get up there, the tail pipe rubbing wont be a problem.

So all in all, it was a good night...lol..started at about 12:30 and ended around 2 am this morning, as I post. So I will gas up in the morning, meet chris at Longhorn steak house and cruise on up for a good time! :beer:

Matt

P.S, thanks for everyones help! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread