Yeah so just a tune....

TRBO VNM

Wow, just got the V5 aggressive tune from Torrie at Unleashed and I can't believe the difference from his other V5 and even from stock. The car is bone stock aside from just the tune....it is amazing.

Mike, forgot to tell you last night. You gotta come back down and drive it. simply amazing.

TRBO VNM

SCT. I think that is all Torrie uses. I hit it in 1-3 today and amazing at how different the car feels. Seriously, it feels like I put a larger turbo on it. I need to give a few friends a ride so they don't think I am lying.

Mike....come on down, seriously. It is damn impressive. I guess ford really learned their lesson back from the late 90's when they were rating the mustangs because now cars are so underrated it isn't funny.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, alright, I'll try to make it back down there. But that's just going to make me want to buy a tune probably and I have enough project expenses...lol.

Is the difference really *that* big? How much boost is it running now?

TRBO VNM

LOL, alright, I'll try to make it back down there. But that's just going to make me want to buy a tune probably and I have enough project expenses...lol.

Is the difference really *that* big? How much boost is it running now?

Mike, you know me. Yeah, huge difference. Feels like a new turbo. I couldn't believe it. I think it is pushing close to 25

I'll find out soon enough, I got an Access Port on the way from FSWerks.

You will feel the difference. Even having a standard aftermarket tune on these cars should show a difference. No clue how it will compare to Torrie's and really we won't know unless there are apple to apple dyno runs or people driving each others cars.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Mike, you know me. Yeah, huge difference. Feels like a new turbo. I couldn't believe it. I think it is pushing close to 25

You will feel the difference. Even having a standard aftermarket tune on these cars should show a difference. No clue how it will compare to Torrie's and really we won't know unless there are apple to apple dyno runs or people driving each others cars.

Nah bro, my stock ST with tune will be faster than yours:banana::poke:

TRBO VNM

Nah bro, my stock ST with tune will be faster than yours:banana::poke:

LOL, dyno racing baby.

Reading threads like this make me want to run out and buy an ST.

Go test drive one. Watch the torq steer though. That freaked me out at first. I hadn't driven a front wheel drive car with any kind of power in a long time. They are a blast though.

Wow! I can't wait to get my sct tuner. Is this with the fmic as well?

Nope. Only mod is the tune right now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Might have to get one soon...

See above.

mysterio

Established Member
Reading threads like this make me want to run out and buy an ST.

Exactly what I was thinking. Might have to get one soon...

It's a hell of a balanced little dd. Good mileage, if you drive it conservatively, and hella fun if you want a more spirited driving experience.

As long as people have realistic expectations about a car like this, and aren't looking for V8 level performance, this car can be very satisfying to own and drive. That's my experience so far; YMMV.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There's an article in the new C&D about the new Cobb ST. A lot of good things to say but for the power I was a little disappointed in the numbers. 300hp/380ft lbs and it could only pull off a 14.2 @101, 0-60 was 5.5. It sounds like there is a ton of wheelspin which is to be expected. They said the torque steer is even worse though lol.

SCOTT99COBRA

SVT Poster
Established Member
His all. I haven't been on for quite a while. I recently picked up a new ST and am considering just a tune at this point. There are so many, that it is tough to determine which one is best. I have parts on order for the motor mount TSB and will wait until that is done to consider any tune more seriously. From what I have heard so far, I am leaning towards Steeda.

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
I'll probably go with the FSWERKS AP for mine, when I eventually get around to it. I do want to get the RMM TSB taken care of first.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread