Yes Another exhaust Question!

SVTJES

Established Member
Hey Fellas,

I am looking for someone running the Magnaflow 4 in round mufflers with the 2.5 in magnaflow X-pipe using the stock tailpipes and 4 in. Maggy tips. I am looking to order this setup and have it fully welded by my buddy this weekend. My real question is weather the stock tailpipe extensions will work, and weather the 4 in. tips will fit on the L. I know Magnaflow offers the tips in an 18in. or 22 in. length, and I was thinking more along the lines of 18? Let me know if anyone has tried this, or if there are any other items I may need to complete the project this weekend( hangers, clamps, etc...)

Thanks,

John

'02Silver

Established Member
More than likely you'll need 2 new tailpipes made. The stock ones are welded to the stock muffler. You may be able to cut the stock tailpipes to make it fit but my advice would be just have new ones made. I just got my Magnaflow muffler #12468 installed and new 4" tips #35108. The tips fill up the ground effect hole nicely. I installed the muffler myself and had a local exhaust shop make new tailpipes and install the tips.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I have the muffs and x pipe too waiting for install. My local shop will probably charge about 100 to install it all. Still cheaper than the silver bullet and sounds the same.

Users who are viewing this thread