Yes folks, WRC coverage is BACK !!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
About freakin time. If you don't have HD coverage then sorry.

For World Rally Championship fans living in the U.S., it's been tough to keep up on the action, as domestic television coverage has been virtually nonexistent for some time now. That's about to change, however, as the series has inked a deal with Discovery Communications' HD Theater, a channel with an audience of 633 million. HD Theater has committed to show weekly coverage "from every round of the championship" beginning in October, and it will also air shows featuring related WRC content and news.

Discovery Channel's HD Theater bringing WRC coverage back to U.S.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Awesome. The WRC coverage was good before, but can't wait to see all that stuff in HD. Plus Discovery Channel usually goes above and beyond on their cinematography.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you, Discovery HD Theatre!!!! I've missed WRC coverage so bad!!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
so its airing on Discovery Channel? or Discovery HD Theatre?:shrug:

Actually HD Theater. Discovery owned channel.

hd_theater.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dang it! I don't have that channel.

I've got a little theory going on the Ford Fiesta and this news falls into it.

We all know the Fiests is do in the US here any time now. With the high demand for the WRC inspired cars like the STI and Evo Ford decided to switch from the Focus to the Fiesta to compete in the WRC series. I think they did this because they are planning a road going WRC inspired car for the North American market to fulfill deman from Ford enthusiasts, and it's going to come in the form of an AWD turbo Fiesta. They already showcased a roided out 800hp turbo 4 cylinder for the Pikes Peak run so I think they are trying to get people excited at the prospect of a competitor to the STI and Evo that is actually available in the US.

As far as this news goes, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford was pushing this deal so that Americans can get to see the Fiesta in action and get excited about it.

Users who are viewing this thread