yet another grill post but more about paint....

ShaneN.

Established Member
well my birthday is coming up and i reall can't think of anything i want for the truck which is affordable for the 'rents but the trenz up and lower grill.

i think since i have a black truck i'm going to go the blacked out route since it looks mean. i just need to know what it would take to get a grille painted a durable gloss black?

something like go_rilas.
http://www.go-rila.com/

ShaneN.

Established Member
no it's not stock andddd let's see some pics of this vanquish.....

ShaneN.

Established Member
powder coating would be quite expensive wouldn't it?

and what is e-coating?

LightningForce9

I make quality L seats
Established Member
E-coating is a lot like powder coating. The coating is electirically charged thru the dip process and is then baked on just like powder coating. E-coat however is very shiny compared to flo-coating or powder coating. It is very durable and easy to clean.

if you want to see it go to a dealer that has a 2002 or newer F-150/250/350 with the integrated seat belt system integrated into the front seats, take off the plastic cover on the back of the seat. It will snap off using simple tabs. You will be able to see what e-coat looks like because the backframe is e-coated.
You may also be able to see it on your seat tracks. If you look at the bottom of your seats at the mounting feet, move up just below the cushion pan to where the TRACK actually lies. The track will be squared tubing that has notches cut thru the inside and outside of the inboard and outboard part of the tracks. That, I BELIEVE, is also E-coated. I am not exactly sure about the seat track as much as the seat. I only build the seats for the L.

LightningForce9

I make quality L seats
Established Member
If you want it e-coated send it to me, and the only thing you'll have to pay for is shipping it to me and shipping it back. If you want pictures of e-coat, I'll take some and send it to you. I would e-coat mine if my truck was black.

ShaneN.

Established Member
i think i might just go ahead and use a straight up billet grille. i think the billet grille would really make the black truck stand out a bit more. all i need to know now is how to get the ford emblem in the middle?

do i have to order another emblem?
where could i do this?

Users who are viewing this thread