Yet another MCT bar night..

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Well, I'm allegedlly off the rest of the year on Holiday; save for the honey-do list, the bosses request to "stay available", the family get-to-gethers, and the unfinished work that has to get done this week....
(damn sounds like I'm moaning).

So I, and hopefully some of you are in need of a bar night to BS about well, cars and whatever else perks up in the cold.

I enjoyed the selection at Ashleys in A2 a couple of weeks ago - so I'm looking for suggestions and interested parties.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Make the beer night during the Christmas downweek. I work afternoons and can't make it most of the time.

Jpjr

Established Member
plan b said:
Make the beer night during the Christmas downweek. I work afternoons and can't make it most of the time.

This is what works for me as well, although some people may be thinking the opposite.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
plan b said:

That is why drinking in the morning is a good alternative my friend :beer:

I am off till 1-2-07. Apparently I under-vactioned this year

R-CODE

Established Member
My last day of work is the 22nd, off till the 2007. I love the UAW. I'm up for anywhere, and anyone.

Gotti

Jpjr

Established Member
How about Thursday, 12/28? Gives people enough time to do their holiday mods with family.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
postban said:
That is why drinking in the morning is a good alternative my friend :beer:

I am off till 1-2-07. Apparently I under-vactioned this year

Drinking in the am is for Lions games or football Sunday in general. The last few times I've been to Ford field we only watch like 5 minutes of the game. The rest of the time is spent in the bar. Gotta love club level seats. How many MCT'ers would be up for an early morning session @ Lakepointe Yacht Club? J/K I'm off work from 12-22 to 1-2.
Update: I'm on dayshift for the first 2 weeks of January so multiple beer nights are covered.

P.S. Gary, Have you tried the new Bell's "Hell hath no fury....ale"?

Last edited:

Whiskey City

Established Member
plan b said:
...snip...How many MCT'ers would be up for an early morning session @ Lakepointe Yacht Club?

LYC FTMFWMF!!
24.gif

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
plan b said:
P.S. Gary, Have you tried the new Bell's "Hell hath no fury....ale"?

Of Course! IMHO needs some aging - more bottles for the cellar.
The Lager of the Lakes is a good drink too - should be acceptable for the "Coors Lite" crowd.
The best new Bells is Hopslam - just picked up some more yesterday. Unbelieveably full of flavor; IMHO the best DIPA I've had to date.

Other notables:
When the Stone RIS comes our way (soon) pick some of this up: I had to fight with my family it was so good!
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter is an excellent Porter; my family drank more of it last night than I did. I had to 'settle' for some Old Rasputin RIS.

I'm headed to Dearborn this afternoon to pick up some Breakfast Stout.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Of Course! IMHO needs some aging - more bottles for the cellar.
The Lager of the Lakes is a good drink too - should be acceptable for the "Coors Lite" crowd.
The best new Bells is Hopslam - just picked up some more yesterday. Unbelieveably full of flavor; IMHO the best DIPA I've had to date.

Other notables:
When the Stone RIS comes our way (soon) pick some of this up: I had to fight with my family it was so good!
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter is an excellent Porter; my family drank more of it last night than I did. I had to 'settle' for some Old Rasputin RIS.

I'm headed to Dearborn this afternoon to pick up some Breakfast Stout.

My guess is you're headed to Merchant's Warehouse. I'm headed there to stock up on beer for X-mas. I'll look for the Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and the assortment of new Bell's that I haven't had yet. Trader Joe's on newburgh and 8 mile has a decent beer selection according to one of the guys at work. I may have to head over there one of these days to check it out.

Jpjr

Established Member
I have checked my schedule and do believe I have some early morning availability for a session at Lakepointe. If I recall the last time a few of us met in the morning Plan B had just gotten home from the night shift but did not hesitate to cancel out fresh Oberon's all day with us. Fine display of stamina.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I stocked up the fridge today. 1 case of Bell's "Hell hath no fury ale", 1 case of Bell's "Hopslam ale", 1 case of Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, and a six pack of bierbitczh or something like that. It is pronounced "beerbitch". I will send an appropriate media file to go along with the beer bitch.:-D

Why do I keep coming back to this thread to see the bouncing titties?

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
plan b said:
I stocked up the fridge today. 1 case of Bell's "Hell hath no fury ale", 1 case of Bell's "Hopslam ale", 1 case of Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, and a six pack of bierbitczh or something like that. It is pronounced "beerbitch". I will send an appropriate media file to go along with the beer bitch.:-D

Why do I keep coming back to this thread to see the bouncing titties?

it's too bad the camera can't pan down :thumbsup:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Kevin,

That's exactly where I was today. I am tasting the Founders Breakfast Stout now - very nice choclate and coffe flavor, very smooth with no bite.

Tried the Porter yet?

Did you see the 3L bottles of Stone's for $70? My wife slapped me as I reached for the 10th anniversary (so its still there). She put in a sixer of the Edmund Fitzgerald in the cart as I was picking up my Founders from Annette.

Another excellent beer store is Bello Vino in Ann Arbor on Plymouth Road about 2 miles west of 23. Sometimes Bonnie has better prices BTW.

Don't waste your time going to Trader Joe's. Wine Palace has a better selection.

Why do I keep adding to this post? Is because I respect beer or enjoy the view???

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Kevin,

That's exactly where I was today. I am tasting the Founders Breakfast Stout now - very nice choclate and coffe flavor, very smooth with no bite.

Tried the Porter yet?

Did you see the 3L bottles of Stone's for $70? My wife slapped me as I reached for the 10th anniversary (so its still there). She put in a sixer of the Edmund Fitzgerald in the cart as I was picking up my Founders from Annette.

Another excellent beer store is Bello Vino in Ann Arbor on Plymouth Road about 2 miles west of 23. Sometimes Bonnie has better prices BTW.

Don't waste your time going to Trader Joe's. Wine Palace has a better selection.

Why do I keep adding to this post? Is because I respect beer or enjoy the view???

I'm sipping on the hell hath no fury ale, can't drink too many of these at one time. It's on the opposite side of the spectrum from natty light. I'll try the porter next. There used to be a Bello Vino on Ann Arbor rd. in Plymouth. They always had a decent beer selection but they closed down about 1 year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread