yet another spark plug question

svtpwd831

4G63
Established Member
well im about to thorw on a ported blower within the next week or so and next month im thowing on a 4LB pulley...i already have the Ngk Tr6 plugs...question is should i stick with them or should i get a different kind of plug..? mods are in sig

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
The TR6's are a very good, all around plug.

Stick with the NGK's unless you determine you have driveability issues. Only then would you want to explore the possibility of different plugs.

Stewart

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
All I can find are the Iridium TR6'S Locally. Do you think that the V-Power and Iridium would make a difference between the two for horsepower and detenation prevention.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Go with Denso IT22's..."A hell of a lot better plug"!!!! IMO

frdmstnggt

Established Member
Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
frdmstnggt said:
Yes ChrisNelson, TR6's have Iridium. The name is something like NGK TR6xii or something like that. I hope that I am not killing my engine with these. Plus they cost like $5 a plug. I've been through one set before my rebuild and one right after. Almost $100 in spark plugs in one year. Hope this link works, this is where I get mine from: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=NGK&mfrpartnumber=3689&parttype=960&ptset=A

id stick with standard TR6's (part number 4177) they cost about 1.50 each and when i talked to rick about these before he informed me he wasnt getting the same results out of the IX plugs that he was out of the V-Powers

frdmstnggt

Established Member
Well thats good to know they are atleast standing up to my whole 10#'s of boost. Hope they will hold out to 14#'s!!

Users who are viewing this thread