yet another SRA swap question

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
im doin the swap this winter...i am going to reuse my factory 3.55's and factory T-lock..how strong is the factory t-loc?? it is my only worry....

one more thing too i read a thread on here someone did a sra swap and reused the irs springs and shocks anyone else try this before??? thanks-jim

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's plenty strong, it's a 31 spline unit so make sure you get 31 spline axles for your rear.

The factory shocks are too wide where they slide into the mounts on the SRA, they would have to be ground down. I don't have the springs in front of me.... but IIRC they are very different. Even if you could get it to work, I wouldn't. Use suspension that's meant for the solid rear.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
cool awesome, as long as the trac loc is good and strong i am a happy camper. any need for c-clip eliminators for a car with 600hp, that sees the track a hand full of times a year?

Black Sex

Established Member
If you reuse the IRS shocks it will ride real bad. The rear end will bounce a lot. I did it for about 2 days untill i bought new shocks. I picked up some $20 Monroe sensatracs for a 04 GT and the car rides great. Im not sure about using the IRS springs. I was thinking the springs were too tall or something. I went with Steeda sport springs.

evasbird

Established Member
You will need springs made for a solid axle. GT springs have a small coil on the bottom where they mount on the lower control arm where the IRS springs dont.

Users who are viewing this thread