Yet Another Stall/Near Accident Story

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Seen so many of these already...

A few minutes ago I was coming to work. My u-turn was coming up, so I pop into neutral. Here comes my middle turn lane....wow, the steering isn't responding. Oh, look the Engine and Battery lights are both on... I quickly turned the ignition to off and then re-started the car and had to swerve to the left to avoid nailing the car in front of me. This was the first time my car has ever stalled - at 10,8xxx miles. I'm pissed. :bash:

I actually considered selling the car over the past few minutes. And it's only stalled once! I can't imagine what I'll think if this happens again...

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Get the fix.

SSM 17542 - 2003 MUSTANG COBRA - LACK OF POWER ON DECELERATION
SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER. CALIBRATION FILES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT www.MOTORCRAFT.COM.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i about ate it again yesterday too! heading to the lightning game, engine totally warmed up... gonna kill those %*%(#$ ford engineers if i ever come across one!

cobra101

Established Member
Same sh*t here. I stall almost everyday. I have a custom tune in the pcm (via predator) so I don't think it would be easy for me to get the new flash. I could revert back to original tune and then bring it in for the flash. But then I would need to flash my custom tune back in and it would have the stall condition again. My custom tune was based on my original tune (YDH0) so it will still not idle right. Is my only solution to get another custom tune that is based on the new flash available?

Plus even If I could get it done at the dealer they would see my pulley while flashing the pcm (I am sure they'd look) and I would be voided. I certainly do not want to put my stock pulley back on just to get the new flash. And like I said it wouldn 't help b/c my custom tune would still have the stall condition :(

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Yeah. Chances are you'd have to get a new tune after getting the reflash. That's why I'm hesitant about getting the new flash. But if you're having this problem constantly and it's becoming a danger, I'd look into getting the new flash and then a new tune. Better to spend some money and be safe than to drive a stalling missile. Good luck though.

Users who are viewing this thread