Yet another, what's wrong with my TRUCK!!! Gerrr!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Well, we've tried everything exept buy new coil packs. For those that don't know, this is what is happening...

Only WOT, just after the shift, it falls on it's face for a slit second, then jumps right up like nothing happened. I have noticed that it only does it once the tranny is FULLY warmed up. And only WOT. When I say it falls on it's face, I mean the truck all but shuts off. It all goes quiet for a split second.

Any ideas? I said we've tryed everything, but I hoping I'm missing something, and I'm hopeing even more that it's a cheap easy fix.

Thanks guys.

btw, It's my wife's golden birthday turkey day. "The Wife" on here.

HalfTime

Established Member
New fuel filter. Bad pump? Short in the pump wires perhaps? It only does this WOT directly after a shift. Especcially the 1-2 shift, does it real bad thier. The 2-3 only feels like a bogg, or a bad plug wire on a 302.

LightningLou

Established Member
I don't know if this could be the problem, but have you done the boost bypass mod?? Sounds like possibly a loss of boost.

HalfTime

Established Member
Not boost bypass. I wish it was something simple like that.

I thought it was the Tourqe Modulation at first, but Rick (ATS) looked at the tune with a microscope, and everything is set where it should be, so it's not the tune. The tune is incredable, no problems thier as far as Rick could tell.

Keep them comeing guys, even if you think it's something so simple a chimp could figure it out. I really want to get this thing fixed, and running as strong as it should.

HalfTime

Established Member
Any other ideas out thier? Bob, I know you got something in your brain housing group that might help me out.

Dusten

Established Member
have you data logged it? What is happening in the truck at that moment in time, maf counts, injector pulses, yada yada ydad

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
+1
I'm interested in what you find. Every now and then my Cobra would fall on it's face hard during 1-2 shift under WOT. I always chalked it up to boost bypass, since I hadn't done the mod, but now I'm not so sure.
Good Luck

HalfTime

Established Member
Rick at ATS went through the Data log for about an hour when he was dyno tunning it. He could not find anything out of ordinary. This sucks guys. I've got no idea what it is. Here are some of the things I've checked, changed, or tried...
Tourqe Converter
Accumulator Valve
Plug gap
Loose coil pack
Loose fuel rail
Loose coils pack wire harness
Tourqe reduction
Boost bypass
Electrical short
...I'm running out of things to check.

Users who are viewing this thread