yet more 05 production mustang shots

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
KevinB120, thanks for the info, I hope all is true on the structure and the weight, hopefully the irs will be engineered from day one to work right not a bolt on let's try to copy the mn-12 and use some leftover parts. Interior reminds me of ex's 68 with comfortweave seats. Just hope Ford does good this time around.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
KevinB120, thanks for the info, I hope all is true on the structure and the weight, hopefully the irs will be engineered from day one to work right not a bolt on let's try to copy the mn-12 and use some leftover parts. Interior reminds me of ex's 68 with comfortweave seats. Just hope Ford does good this time around.
yea its designed as an irs car from the start, they dumped the dew98 and uses its own platform. So its only designed to be a mustang, nothing else.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
The vettes completely dominate our local autocrosses

I cant argue with you since the few road course event I'v participated in I have not had the oppritunity to run a C5, but I'v heard guys come up with varied results. That could all be based upon drivers skill though I guess. Then again I'm thinking more of road course driving, where the Cobra's advantages come out of road courses with long straight aways as opposed to pylon auto X'es.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I will say im glad were having this discussion... The thought of trading up for an 06 is starting to pop into my mind... I dont know yet though, right now were basing everything upon heresay, while I dont doubt the new platform will be superior to the 25 year old thing the mustang is on now, I would still like to see if the advantages are worth my while.

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I will say im glad were having this discussion... The thought of trading up for an 06 is starting to pop into my mind... I dont know yet though, right now were basing everything upon heresay, while I dont doubt the new platform will be superior to the 25 year old thing the mustang is on now, I would still like to see if the advantages are worth my while.
youve got quite a while to worry about the next cobra. Should be pretty good for svt resale values for a while now.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
youve got quite a while to worry about the next cobra. Should be pretty good for svt resale values for a while now.

Yeah, it all depends... Hell maybe ill keep the 03 and get an 06 too. We'll see how the balls fall. I kind of look at this car like dads Grand National. There are lots of things out there that will out handle the car, but its more of a spiritual thing IMO. The 03 Cobra "Terminator" just has such an awsome persana.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I like it but I liked the concept 20 times better. I know they didnt change a whole lot but the things they changed, like the taillights, were my favorite styling cues.

Users who are viewing this thread