Yngwie anyone?

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Ah yes Yngwie Malmsteen, definetely a rocker! Nothing like a classical guitarist turned shredder! :rockon:

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
You should see when he does that song on the G3 guitar tour. His fat ass kicks out his legs. hahahah UNLEASH THE FOOKIN FURRY!

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
CobraChris08 said:
MA is def. a faster and better player but how many guys shreding can you actually rock out to with a melody. IMO MA is just endless wanking.

+1

Just listened to Dragon Force. They ****ing suck. That crap sounds like it came out of a gameboy. There is not an ounce of soul in that music. Yngwie's "Arps from Hell" is retarded too. I love Yngwie, the guy is a bad ass but he has become a mockery of himself. The video I originally posted was from when he was still in Alcatrazz with Grahm Bonnet. He had hardly any delay or any other effects in his setup. Clean, clear and just oozing with tone.

Checkout this Alcatrazz song with Vai playing lead. This shit is live too peeps. Vai is a pure showman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcCy7AjdwpE

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Malmsteen is no joke....but I have one of his "instructional" videos and it's nothing more that 4 hours of him showing off. I don't care, I love watching people play as much as I like playing.

Did anyone see the second Pantera home video? Yngwie Malmsteen is in it and Dime and Bobby taunt him with doughnuts....it's friggin hilarious, "No, I dunt want no freekin do-nuts!" LMAO!! I miss Dime!!

Dimebag Darrell would definately give him a run for his money....I woudn't say he's better but Dime was good....REAL good!!

-Mike

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
svt32v99 said:
+1

Just listened to Dragon Force. They ****ing suck. That crap sounds like it came out of a gameboy. There is not an ounce of soul in that music. Yngwie's "Arps from Hell" is retarded too. I love Yngwie, the guy is a bad ass but he has become a mockery of himself. The video I originally posted was from when he was still in Alcatrazz with Grahm Bonnet. He had hardly any delay or any other effects in his setup. Clean, clear and just oozing with tone.

Checkout this Alcatrazz song with Vai playing lead. This shit is live too peeps. Vai is a pure showman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcCy7AjdwpE
If someone came up to me and said, "It is possible that Steve Vai is the greatest guitar player ever." I would have a VERY difficult time disagreeing. Steve Vai is just on a other level. This is a great thread!!!!

-Mike

zakk

best guitarist i have EVER hurd when it comes to shredding and difficulty and still sounding awsome is Michael Romeo from Symphony X. He tears it up on every song but 'Sea of Lies' really stands out to me.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
IMO the most under rated guitarist of our day is Mark Tremonti(formerly in Creed Now in Alter Bridge) That guy has the best chops out of anyone I have heard in a long time. He can shred, he can chug rhythm, out blues and he's a great songwriter. Steve Vai is good but I think he's another one of em that just don't do anywhere in it. Now listen to Ted Nugent-Strangle Hold. That has dynamics in it. If you listen to it on headphones his guitar work makes you feel like you’re in the middle of an earthquake at certain points.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
If we're talking about great guitarist today, then you have to mention John Mayer. Listen to his John Mayer Trio album called 'Try.' Personally, his pop stuff is for pussies, but his John Mayer Trio alubum is really good. If you like Classic Rock Blues then you'll like it.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Yngwie is a great axe man.... but as a human he is not very nice. I heard he does evil things to garden gnomes. :-D

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
LedVenom281 said:
If we're talking about great guitarist today, then you have to mention John Mayer. Listen to his John Mayer Trio album called 'Try.' Personally, his pop stuff is for pussies, but his John Mayer Trio alubum is really good. If you like Classic Rock Blues then you'll like it.
Y'know, I was honsetly impressed with John Mayer. I saw some special he did with Buddy Guy and my jaw dropped when I found out that John Mayer was putting it down....and it sounded good!!!! If he made a blues album, I'd buy it...but I agree that his "radio-pop" stuff is agonizing!

-Mike

sunburst six

Established Member
Wow, let me play every scale I know as fast as I can. Malmsteen is an arrogant, overhyped piece of shit. He may be hella fast, but he has no ORIGINALITY. After listening to his shit for about three minutes I get bored.

Users who are viewing this thread